Macro - Stance Dance - Equip Shield and Defensive

Hey all, looking for some feedback from long time warrior veterans. One of the things I’ve found cumbersome is using the baseline shield abilities in Arms or Fury. I’ve been able to put together the below macro, and it appears to work great. Open to any ideas that accomplish the goal as listed below, but would prefer a macro for simplicity’s sake.

Objective:

1. 1 button toggle between the stance for the various specs
  2. 1 button totggle that toggles between sword and shield (SnS) and the relevant specs normal gearset.
  3. Shrink or rewrite code to support PVP variants of gear (SnSP for PVP or Spec1P for Arms PVP, for example)

#showtooltip
/Equipset [spec:1/2,worn:Two-hand]SnS
/Equipset [spec:1,worn:Shield]Spec1;[spec:2]Spec2
/use [worn:Two-hand,spec:1/2]Defensive Stance;[spec:1]Battle Stance;[spec:2]Berserker Stance
/use [spec:3,stance:2]!Defensive Stance; !Battle Stance

Your macro may solve it, but when I wrote up a similar macro I found that during combat, especially PvP combat where crowd control is frequent that I’d end up firing off only half the macro at times, either swapping stance without the equipset firing, or changing gear without changing stance.

I believe this is due to not being a cast sequence so it just tries all those commands at once with no guarantee of ordered operation.

Or can you change stance while CCed but not gear?

In the end I determined however that there is no reason good enough to swap to sword/shield as Arms. It’s almost always better to hit Die by the Sword and do as much damage in the several seconds it is up, along with Ignore Pain, Impending Victory, Rallying Cry, and Bitter Immunity. Potions and Healthstones too if in PvE.

And Second Wind, stun/snare/fear and heroic leap out of range, don’t take damage for 5 seconds and by 10 seconds you’re fully healed from 1 health. Yes, in combat. It’s any damage that stops it, not combat status.

I’ve seen that same problem and think I have eventually worked it out of the equation. When it screws up now, it is because I swapped faster than the GCD on stance change.

Now on the utility, holy crap do I live longer in BG’s, which this is primarily useful for.

While I love this idea, I haven’t found any effective real time applications.

You could argue, as you did, in pvp if you’re sitting on a point it could help. However, with the speed of damage output, living an extra couple seconds won’t make up for the damage you are giving up by using a sword and shield. The GCD limitation also hurts.

If they took weapon swapping off the GCD or gave adjustments to our output while we have a one hander out, it could be useful. As it stands now I just don’t think it’s worth it.

As I said, it’s better to DBTS and kill them dead than swap to a shield and die slower.

That and there’s so few actual melee only damage dealers out there. Shield doesn’t help against a wizard.