Macro is life?

The arguments are getting worse… Jeeze…

If i opened my spellbook and clicked on the skill it would perform the skill and only the skill

If i press my hotkey of said skill once again it will perform only that skill

With macros its not the case. You guys simply can’t argue with a definition, just accept it. It`s an allowed form of automation

I will move along with my day, may you guys have a good one

Peace

1 Like

Ha ha, great point.
Wonder if this guy thinks using keybinds and mouse turning are not skillful, and if the only way to go is to gimp yourself so much that everyone knows how much you earned your place!

It’s a class dependent question, but I can see that you’re playing a druid, so the answer is definitely yes you should become very familiar with macros.

1 Like

It’s not automation if you have to do everything manually. And I’d know a thing or two about automation, I literally work with Automation Engineering :v

Have a good day.

So it seems I brought up a hot topic with macros omg.

Well I’ll guess I’ll go learn a few on YouTube.

Just to make sure I got it:
Macro is basically bind a series of actions to 1 keyboard button?
Like if I’m Druid and press 1, it will shapeshift, cast heal and back to cat form?

Read this post, it’s better:

Wow, we can argue about anything, can’t we?

2 Likes

Very true, that’s why i use the mouse wheel and modifiers for shifting.

I’m using a lot here o my warrior, it makes my life much easier, specially when I’m invited to tank. In retail I use it too, but not as much as I’m using now.

This game is so non-interactive, that yes, I want to do everything manually. I’m already falling asleep.

Macros require no superior intellect you literally copy and paste nonstop

Find your base macro and substitute it in for your spells

Let’s discuss the basics you’ll have in every macro:
#showtooltip This is not a hashtag from Twitter this is used so that when you hover a spell you can tell what the spell description is and should always lead your macro

/cast This is what you will use in most cases followed by your spell name which both starter letters must be capital or it won’t work for example: /cast Frost Bolt

So for Druid a good macro is:
#showtooltip Rejuvenation
/cancelaura Cat Form
/cast Rejuvenation

This is used so that while in a different form (you can substitute cat here for any other forms name with capital letters) you can quickly cast a heal on yourself without having to manually cancel your form (2 spells 1 button) this can also be replaced with any other heal instead of rejuvenate while remembering to use capitals to begin your word

1 Like

See this is where you’re wrong:

Automation:

noun

the technique, method, or system of operating or controlling a process by highly automatic means, as by electronic devices, reducing human intervention to a minimum.

a mechanical device, operated electronically, that functions automatically, without continuous input from an operator.

Macros require input from the user. The same type of input as clicking a mouse button, hitting a hot key, or even using a voice command. A macro is simply setting up what action a hokey will use. It can not by definition automate the process because it REQUIRES human interaction or input. You must activate the series of macro commands. They will not activate themselves without you taking action.

That’s tediously written. You don’t need the #showtooltip Rejuv line, and /cancelaura Cat Form can just be /cancelform

/cancelform
/cast Rejuvenation

Right there are many ways to add to a macro to make it better, even as a far above poster wrote to have it apply to whatever form you’re in in just one macro. I was mainly just trying to put it in a very basic way for learning purposes but you’re right

2 Likes

I got ya.

I think people think that you can just chain 5 actions together in a macro, press nothing, and it just does whatever when it needs to. We both know that’s not how it works, but I think people are thinking macros are like botting…

Post what macros you need and we will help you. What class? Warrior? A little googling will help.

Post specific question such as “need macro to switch stance , charge, then back to defensive” etc

People will help you.

For casual and a lot of dungeons macros aren’t needed, especially if your fingers are fast, lol.

As a warrior tanking I use a few straight fwd ones. Eg, when I click or key board click one I have that switches me to Beserker, in one click, the macro puts on my 2H sword. And vis a versa. I also add /startattack to several of my abilities (ie, a make a two step macro that has /cast ability and then /startattack) to be sure I actually don’t end up having a target that I have selected but am no longer attacking (ie just standing around before I notice it)

I have several dps toons. I haven’t add macros to those yet. And am leveling just fine.

If this was retail I would say macros are more optional but in this iteration of the game absolutely needed in some instances. I just got my mount last night and to my surprise none of my spells work while mounted so I had to go and update every macro I have made just so I can dismount before performing any action I thought I would use off mount (barrier, nova, cone, blink). Without this you’re just dead in the water while getting ganked having to manually cancel your mount without macro

2 Likes

I just noticed that! Yes, would need macros to dismount while attacking. Ty for pointing that out.

1 Like

Yeah, Druids basically HAVE to have macros for PvP. Instantly swapping forms is necessary, especially when out numbered.

1 Like