Macro help - Rare occurrences it will act strange

Here is my current macro:

#showtooltip Prowl
/cast [nomod:alt,mod:shift,noform:1] Bear Form
/cast [nomod:alt/shift,nostealth,noform:2] Cat Form
/cast [nomod:alt/shift,nostealth,nocombat] Prowl
/cancelaura [nomod:shift,mod:alt,stealth] Prowl

If I’m holding shift, I want to go Bear Form. Otherwise, Prowl by default and if Prowl is on cooldown, I still want to shift into Cat Form regardless. And lastly, if holding alt, remove Prowl aura.

This works 95% of the time but in rare cases it will shift into cat form and them back into caster form immediately. I’m not sure why.

I’m still playing around but I’ve simplified the macro to just the basics and still have the same problem:

#showtooltip
/cast Cat Form
/cast !Prowl

This will very rarely cast Prowl and immediately shift back into caster form.

I don’t get it. Is this a latency thing?

Is this happening on retail or classic? Form 2 is aquatic form on classic, so your macro should be noform:3 or it will always shift out of cat form. Alternatively, use !Cat form though I’ve seen reports of it not always working in classic.

Retail

10 characters

Then just use !cat form like you are with prowl.

You can very easily run into race conditions with Prowl and auto-shifting into Cat Form. It’s more consistent to just set it up like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] !Bear Form(Shapeshift); [noform:2] Cat Form; !Prowl
/cancelaura [mod:alt] Prowl

[added]
You can also run into weird instances where Bear Form tries to cast the passive rank of the spell rather than actual Bear Form if you don’t include (Shapeshift).

Thanks, but the issue with this version is that I always need to hit the button twice to go into prowl from any form but cat.

Correct, but that’s the only way I’ve found to prevent the issue you’re running into.

I see, well thank you. I’ll try to live with it.

You can also run into weird instances where Bear Form tries to cast the passive rank of the spell rather than actual Bear Form if you don’t include (Shapeshift).

Can you elaborate on this? What is the Bear Form passive? Do the other forms have the same issues?

It’s just a bug where the macro system picks the wrong spell to try and cast.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=270100/bear-form

The other forms don’t suffer from it in my experience.