Macro help for Classic Hardcore please

I am trying to add /startattack to this macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Seal of Righteousness;Flash of Light

But the problem is, I only want it to run /startattack if I am targeting an enemy. So I wish it could be something like:

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Seal of Righteousness;Flash of Light
/cast [harm] startattack

But that won’t work.

The problem with /startattack in the original macro is that if there is an enemy around, it will always try to attack and not cast the heal.

The great thing about adding /startattack to a macro is that if you can’t cast the skill because it is on cooldown or not enough resources it will still attack, which I really like.

Does anyone have any ideas I could try plz plz plz!

Thanks!

/startattack supports options.

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Seal of Righteousness; Flash of Light
/startattack [harm]

If that doesn’t work for some weird reason…

#showtooltip
/stopmacro [noharm]
/startattack
1 Like

Thank you Elvenbane ! I have just tested both macros and they both seem to work properly. I have not had extended use of them just yet, but it was very exciting to read your response because it just makes the game so much more fun when you can get some simple macros working as you know!

Because your knowledge of macros has great worth to me, would you mind if I ask you about another macro I use, and if it has any chance of working similarly to this macro?

#showtooltip
/cast Judgement
/stopmacro [noharm]
/startattack

What I like about the above macro is: it will cast Judgement if it is off cooldown and you have a Seal up, because you can’t Judge without a Seal up.

If you do not have a Seal of Righteous up, it will cast SoR and then ‘startattack’.

The next time you press the button, it will cast Judgement and then cast another SoR instantly.

The problem with the 2nd macro as it is now: Whenever I have a friendly targeted it will cast 1 Flash of Light on them while simultaneously changing target to an enemy and go into the [harm] mode; so you can not continue healing your friendly target without targeting them again first.

Your help is really appreciated! Love that macro you help me with!
Thanks for your time Elvenbane!

That macro shouldn’t work, SoR is on the GCD so it can’t be combined with other abilities, and Blizz has a history of only caring whether or not you know a spell when it comes to triggering the GCD, not whether or not it’s castable.

Emphasis mine.

That said, assuming I’m wrong, /startattack doesn’t change your target, if you have one, the only time it’ll pick a target is if you don’t currently have one. But again, like the previous macro you could just stick [harm] on it, same with Judgment.

1 Like