Macro for multiple selections (not multiple casts)

I was looking around existing forums and macro guides, but cannot find what I am looking for. I want to create a macro similar to how poisons work on rogues where the poison spells extend available options what to select, and you can select your poison from there. Or how portals / teleports work on mage where you can select it from a list / drop down.

I wanted to create a macro (if possible) that allows me to select items such as pots and food for raids that I can put on one icon to free up some bars and another one for mounts so I can organize additional noise off my bars.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

not possible. unfortunately. with macros anything that takes up a GCD no matter if its mounting up or drinking something. if it uses the GCD then you cant pair multiple macros to it. you have to cast sequence it instead. and there is no way to make a macro that has options or a drop down like poisons. there might be an addon out there that does that but there isnt a way to do that with the normal game ui

You can try the FlyOutButton addon. It looks like it will do what you want.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/flyoutbutton-custom

Edit: You may also want to look at oPie. It’s a bit different, but will get you a similar function. (It’s what I use.)

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/opie

2 Likes

Flyout is what I was looking for. Stupid that these cannot be created into macros but oh well.

If you really wanted a macro, the addon Select can do it.

/select Healthstone, item:Heal

will make a macro that uses the last-selected item and right-click of the macro pops out a flyout to choose another. (item:heal will get all items in your bags with “heal” in its name)

/select type:Food & Drink

will select from all items in bags with a “Food & Drink” type

/select [combat] Healthstone, item:Heal; type:Food & Drink

when in combat, uses either a healthstone or whatever healing potion you have selected. Out of combat, uses whatever food or drink you’ve selected.

/select [flyable] favflying; [swimming] favaquatic; favland

When in a flyable zone, use your last-selected flying mount that’s tagged as a favorite in the mount journal; when swimming use your last-select favorite aquatic mount; otherwise use your last-select favorite land mount.

/focus [@focus,noexists][@focus,dead][mod:alt]
/select [@focus,exists][] Polymorph(Sheep), Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph(Black Cat)

Standard focus sheep macro, but you can pick which polymorph to use when you get bored of one.

etc.

1 Like