Macro for big CD's

Is there a way to make a macro that cycles Void Eruption and Dark Ascension with tooltips and corresponding image for the spell?

I am currently using this:

#showtooltip
/cast Void Eruption
/cast Dark Ascension

However, the tooltip does not swap to show Dark Ascension when its changed in talents.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

Trying to create a macro around Void Eruption is very tricky because VE will turn into Void Bolt. But I found a workaround. My macro looks something like, it has 2 parts:

Your “main” macro:
#showtooltip
/cast [known:228260] Void Eruption; Dark Ascension — this line will automatically swap between VE or DA
/click ActionButton1 (or any key bind that you have your Power Infusion macro on, see below)
/castsequence reset=2 (trinket) — cannot be a trinket that has cast time
/castsequence reset=2 [mod] (potion) — I’m not gonna use battle pot every single time, so I will hold a modifier key only when I need to pot.
You can add more stuffs here by adding more lines:
/castsequence reset=2 (something)

*I’m not sure why it requires multiple lines of /castsequence, but for some reasons it just doesn’t work if you only have a single line of /castsequence Void Eruption, PI, trinket, pot etc. I believe it has something to do with VE turning into Void Bolt.

Tip: When selecting the Icon for your macro, pick the big red ? icon, this will allow the icon to be swapped automatically to the corresponding spells.

Then, make another macro for your Power Infusion (You almost never have to click this macro, so you can bind it to a hard to reach key)
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Power Infusion

At the beginning of every dungeons or every fight, right click the player you want to give PI to and “set focus”.

And there you go, 1 button to unleash all your hell!

Here is a better macro for PI:

#showtooltip Power Infusion
/cast [@focus,exists,nodead,help] [@target,exists,nodead,help] [] Power Infusion

It will target your focus and if your focus dies, it will target whomever you click on, if not either of those then it will cast it on yourself.

1 Like

For this line, “/castsequence reset=2 [mod] (potion) — I’m not gonna use battle pot every single time, so I will hold a modifier key” – Is it /castsequence reset=2 Elemental Potion of Power

Sorry, I don’t use cast sequence macros often