Macro actions based on Hunter PETS Spec?

Looking to create a macro that does different moves based on my hunter PET’s chosen spec.

For my normal playable character, I can set a macro like this:

/use [spec:1] Action1;[spec2] Action2

However, I want to do the above based on my PET’s chosen spec.

ENDGAME: I want to create the following macro, where
• Shift+click would always = AotT and end the macro.
• If pet in Ferocity spec (IE petspec:1) then I use AotT
• If pet in Cunning spec (IE petspec:3) = castsequence with a 45 second reset of Master’s Call then AotT.

Macro written as I would see it (but alas, “petspec:#” doesn’t work…):

/use [mod:shift] Aspect of the Turtle
/stopmacro [mod:shift]
/use [petspec:1] Aspect of the Turtle
/castsequence [petspec:3] reset=45 Master's Call, Aspect of the Turtle

Thank you for helping me with this!

You can’t do it based on dynamically getting your current pet’s spec but you can specify pet name/family and use that.

/use [petfamily:\<insert pet family here\>] Aspect of the Turtle
/castsequence [petfamily:\<insert other pet family here\>] reset=45 Master's Call, Aspect of the Turtle

…or…

/use [pet:\<insert pet name here\>] Aspect of the Turtle
/castsequence [pet:\<insert other pet name here\>] reset=45 Master's Call, Aspect of the Turtle

You can discover your pet’s family by having an active pet and then typing this in the chat box…

/run print(UnitCreatureFamily('pet'))

I hope that helps.

1 Like

So, effectively you are recommending I use 2 pets (each with different specs) instead of 1 pet toggled between 2 specs.

I like it, I didn’t think of that. I think i can make that work.

(still think there should be a petspec command in the macros, lol)

Thank you!

You can’t change a pet’s spec anymore.

You used to be able to.

But nowadays you have to choose pets from specific families that have locked specs.

This assumes Retail. I have no idea what’s going on in the Classic world.

1 Like

It’s been on the wishlist for 2+ xpacs.

Optimized

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:shift] [pet:PET1] Aspect of the Turtle; [pet:PET2] reset=45 Master's Call, Aspect of the Turtle
1 Like

I just got around to testing this, but I have another issue, can you help me further?

Here is the macro I made:

#showtooltip

/use [petfamily:cat] Aspect of the Turtle
/stopmacro [petfamily:cat]
/castsequence [petfamily:crane] reset=180 Survival of the Fittest, Aspect of the Turtle

I have my Crane pet out which is Tenacity therefore has the skill Survival of the Fittest.
However, when I use this macro with the Crane out, it uses AOTT but not SotF (even on repeat click).

Here’s the even wierder part: Before I put in the /stopmacro [petfamily:cat] line, it would use BOTH skills (AOTT & SOTF) at the same time!

I’m normally pretty good at macros, but this one is confounding me… Please help!

I’m at the ER and will be for probably the rest of the day. Nasty fall. I won’t be able to test any solution I offer, so I’m gonna have to leave this for someone else to answer.

1 Like

petfamily isn’t a valid test so it’s evaluating all those conditions as true.

Dang. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Macro_conditionals

Despite that and an extensive note on how to determine petfamily, you are correct.

At least it doesn’t work now - it’s possible it once did and wowpedia is just out of date.

I tested it with this macro:

[code]
#showtooltip
/cast [petfamily:Scorpid]Bestial Wrath
[/code

My summoned pet was in the Chimera family and it still fired.

I’m home by the way. I’m fine. Just a mild concussion - but as a 60-year-old man with 2 strokes behind me they wanted to observe me for a bit more than your normal fall victim.

1 Like

Be well buddy!