MacOS Stuck at initializing: BLZBNTAGT0000138F

Edit: Finally got it!

What worked:

• install WoW on a windows computer
  • grab the entire directory except for the chonky files in Data/data and get it to your macbook (I used a fresh burner account on google drive)
  • Run “tccutil reset all” in terminal. This may freeze your computer and require you to shut off and shut back on with the power button. It resets all security permissions, so you’ll probably get a lot of dialogs from apps that want permissions back
  • Make sure there is no World of Warcraft folder in Applications
  • Open bnet, start the install, and immediately pause and quit the app.
  • Take the windows install you had before and merge it into the new install folder in Applications
  • Set permissions in that folder to read&write, and make sure to apply to all sub folders.
  • Open battle.net and hit “scan and repair” for WoW
  • If a popup for Agent comes up asking for permissions, hit cancel, close battle net, and redo the permissions settings above.
  • Then the download may start working!

Original message:

I’ve been having this issue since trying to install on my macbook last night, and wanted to outline everything I’ve tried into a mega topic list. Note this is not an ordered list, and I tried most combinations of what I put below.

• Completely wipe every mention of blizzard from Applications, Library in ~/ and /, and reinstall battle.net and try a WoW install
  • Delete World of Warcraft folder in Applications
  • Try an install, let battle net generate the World of Warcraft folder, and set permissions to read and write, applying to enclosed folder.
  • Add my user to the permissions for the World of Warcraft folder, set permissions to read and write, and apply to enclosed folder
  • Give Full Disk Access and App Management permissions under Privacy & Security to the Battle.net app in Applications
  • Give Full Disk Access and App Management permissions to Agent.App in /Users/Shared/Battle.net
  • Give Full Disk Access and App Management permissions to Agent.App in /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.8445.
  • Turn on firewall and give permissions for Battle.net, the Agent in …/Agent/, and the Agent in …/Agent/Agent.8445/ (my firewall was off when this issue started
  • Delete the Agent.app in …/Agent/
  • Delete the Agent.app in …/Agent/Agent.8445
  • End all blizzard related processes before launching Battle.net and trying to install
  • End during the install process one of the many Agent.app processes that spawn and take 100% CPU
  • Install beta Battle.net
  • Enable multiple instances of Battle.net
  • Turn off auto update when trying to install WoW
  • Looking for anything suspicious, especially related to Keyrings, in Console. Specifically, filtering Process:Agent, excluding wifi.

My system specs:

• Sonoma 14.1.1
  • Apple M1 Pro
  • 32 GB RAM

From poking around at log files in the Agent folder, it seems many of the errors that are blocking the Agent processes are either:

• Bad memory access (exception.hashblock exc_bad_access)
  • Bad file descriptors
  • Existing file is missing or invalid

This makes me think the permissions stuff, either on the WoW app folder or on the processes themselves, should’ve worked, but in my case it simply didn’t.

Also, I would send a support ticket, but when I try to hit send, the webpage freezes
¯\_﹙ツ﹚_/¯