Macbook lag

I’ve noticed a weird lag happening if my MacBook goes into sleep mode then comes out of it without a full restart. A fresh game of wow will have a latency of 50-60. As soon as it comes out of sleep mode? 100 minimum up to 300+

Any suggestions besides restarting whenever I play?

It’s probably joining wrong wifi. maybe you have smart steering on router and you’re being redirected to 2.4 instead of 5ghz on wake. or just maybe you have multiple wifi in range and it’s auto joining a worse one on wake vs fresh?

I’d reset the power options or extend the sleep mode farther out. Plus I’d hardwire my connection and avoid the wifi option when ever possible.

Could be. It’s a slightly old router that might be swapping between the two. I’ve had severe problems with both this and my older ipad which keeps losing the password and claiming the correct one is incorrect.

Macs… they don’t always work ^^

The way I make sure to always be on 5.0 is to disable auto join on the 2.4 connection.

Same, but have to make sure they aren’t smart steering first. IE where they are combined into one connection.