2.70GHz 12-Core Xeon E5-2697v2 processor
64B memory
1.0TB SSD Storage
AMD FirePro D700 x2 with 6GB Vram

for use games and Artiest
thanks

1 Like

M2 all the way.

I’m on an M2 iMac running Sonora, with 16gb Ram, and it screams. Game runs beautifully!

2 Likes

/wiggle wiggle

1 Like

If you can wait, I suggest waiting for the M4 Mac Studio, but it will likely be summer next year.

2 Likes

M4??? :exploding_head:
Cost will be lower for M2 Max Pro when M4 come out

1 Like

I have an m1 Max.

General compute is fine, but I can’t stand metal. That and the color display profile makes WoW feel distinctly off in a way that I cannot describe.

Metal case you mean ?

Not this winter? :frowning:
I have an aging 2019 iMac that will eventually need to be replaced. Debating on upgrading my gaming pc once more or jumping back to a Mac only setup.

Hoping more titles will be arm native soon

1 Like

oh no, it’s what apple calls their api thing. i like to think of it as their version of DirectX 12 but there’s something about the look or feel of WoW running through apple’s it that has a weird disconnect to it. I don’t know if it’s metal per sey, or if it’s something else, or if it’s just the fact that im using laptop graphics to run a game.

Wish I could just hook it up to an external video card but it with everything being apple-chip based I don’t think that’s possible anymore.

Such a shame too. Id rather have just one computer do everything whether that’s apple or windows

You don’t really want to spend money on a 10 year old Intel Processor in a Mac. They aren’t supported anymore. Intel Macs are lame ducks now since the Apple Silicon came out.

I am able to play on an M1 with 16 GB of RAM without problem. You should do fine with an M2 Max. It is more than three times the processor of the M1

1 Like

its still support but its time get new one
most intel Mac not support for now

/whispers… M2

1 Like