Mac OS X: Command left click as right click

The option “Command left click as right click” in System / Keyboard Options does not work when command clicking on items in the inventory. It works as expected when command clicking on a mob or other object in the world.

Running on OS X Catalina a Macbook Pro 2016.

5 Likes

Same issue here. If I command click on a potion, food item, or pet battle training stone in my inventory, nothing happens.
Running on OS X Mohave, MacBook Pro 2019.

This is the bug I have. Other people have a similar bug; I reported this bug in their thread but maybe I should’ve made a separate post for it.

Same issue here. I have nuked all add-ons and UI and the issue persists. Definitely a bug introduced with patch imo.

I’ve been having this exact problem since the patch. Mac OS X 10.15.7. Please, we need a fix ASAP!

Same issue… someone please help! My bags are all full x.x - But a quick fix for those who have Bootcamp, my friend said it works on the Windows side… just a Mac issue :frowning:

I’m also having this issue since patch. I disabled addons. Pressing the button harder didn’t work, either. :joy:

1 Like

Thank you all for the reports. Forwarding this to my team for investigation.

1 Like

Woohoo! A blue reply:)

Please let us know if we can help diagnose this issue. It is a real problem for us MacBook users that needs to be addressed ASAP. It makes the game just short of unplayable.

Same issue. Can’t right-click with command-mouse click. 2017 iMac, 4.2 Ghz i7, Catalina, OS 10.15.7, zero add-ons (I never had any to begin with.) Deleted game and reloaded entire thing last night. Issue persists as of 8 a.m. EDT 10/16.

Update: FUNCTION-click works as a right click, instead of COMMAND-click. Weird, but usable-ish for now.

Thank you for alerting us to this. We’re now tracking it.

1 Like

Itzali, any idea when we might see a fix for this? It’s definitely a pain…

FN-click now not working, so that was a strange temporary solve…

Woohoo! This appears to be fixed as of a few minutes ago:) Thx Bliz!

This appears to be fixed, but now there seems to be an issue with left click. Sometimes left click isn’t registering when clicking on an item. Don’t have exact reproduction steps yet; so far it seems to be arbitrary.

When this second issue occurs, pressing and releasing command causes left click functionality to return to normal for a while.

I’ve also seen this same thing occur when selecting quest rewards; it appears that pressing and releasing command while the quest reward panel is open also fixes it in that case.

I believe I’ve found the exact reproduction steps for left click on inventory not working:

1. Turn on “Command click as right click” in keyboard options
  2. Press and hold command
  3. Click and drag in the world to rotate the camera, while still holding command
  4. Release command, while still holding the mouse button
  5. Release the mouse button
  6. Left click on an item in the inventory

When the above steps are taken, left clicking in the inventory does not register as a click. Pressing and releasing command in this state will return the left click behavior to normal.