M3 Max 16/30 1TB Feedback 2 weeks

Overall my system is running amazing, and the only time I ever see 80 celsius is when I am in Valkdrakken and it’s rare even then. I took this forum’s advice locking the FPS and running with compute effects off. Barely gets warm.

Still debating on just getting a 12/18 M2 Max but I suspect that it might have to work harder to achieve the same since it won’t have those extra cores to spread the love around. I would also have to settle for 18GB of emery instead of 36, which I kind of don’t want to do when I am spending 2k+ for a laptop lol :slight_smile:

But overall the only big issue is some keybinding and some funky times with my Logitech mouse; but it’s all working amazing for the most part.

1 Like

If your using Logitech Ghub I recommend looking at SteerMouse, that replaced Ghub for me more than a year ago. Ghub is like bloatware.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I have a g600 and it’s supposed to support it, but some have still had issues trying to get it to work. I agree ghub is horrible, but it’s currently working so I am a bit scared to mess with it lol.

i was never able to get my G600 to be picked up by Logtich app when I went to Apple Silicon.
I second Steermouse. They even added things upon request when I was missing a key I used to use

Capslocks? Yeah I had to use Karabiner to fix that. I will try steer mouse, but I guess you have to buy t right ?

Actually, it was Clear

Yeah but it’s 10 or 15 bucks which is a bargain (there is a trail ), it is rock solid and is native Apple Silicon and not a resource bog. I am using it myself with a G502 for more than a year and never had any issues. Also you can easily backup the config file but never needed it.
With GHUB each update of crash there is a high chance everything is gone or new bugs, it was a disaster and still is on Windows also.

1 Like

Thanks for the help here, it’s installed (Steermouse) and was a snap to set up once I figured out a few things. Seems like it will reliably keep my settings going and not burden my beautiful M3 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help.

Only thing that irks me about it is that they have that kind of “take advantage” scenario where they probably know a lot to these mice should work better with regular drivers, and they can then even charge for major upgrades versus lifetime stuff.

Oh well, it looks great and as you said, probably a lot less resource malignant than g hub haha.

Yes true, but happy people actually make stuff like this so we can keep using the Logitech hardware which is mostly nice stuff just the software sucks…

With GHUB ah men, just randomly your config was gone when you were just out to enter a raid, or not working at all… Even for Windows I don’t understand why they never implemented a backup function.

Anyways enjoy that fine M3 and WoW :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’d be a huge setback, trust me.

Yep, leaning towards keeping my overkill beast even if some might say the work I do and the gaming is not “good enough” to warrant the cash /status.

In my defence, I do not just surf the web and play on Facebook like a lot of the haters on reddit might project :slight_smile:

I think m3 is better choice, especially if developers use the new memory/register tech soon. Also for future proofing.

is a good video that kinda shows the advancements. Although as I’ve been saying, the pro in m3 was readjusted to not be as pro as it was in m1 and m2, and i still hard say M3 max is better option by a mile.

1 Like