M1 mac stutter

I recently bought a m1 macbook pro: 8gb ram 512ssd. The game runs 60fps at 60hz on tbc pre patch, but when I right/left click on screen and move camera very slowly the game stutters. Anyone know what the issue can be? Is it the ram? 60hz? M1 chip? 4k monitor?

It’s the graphics card, or lack of graphics card. You need an RTX 3070 to run 60fps at 4k.

that was your first mistake
also set resolution to 1080p

After some testing I am 90% sure it is just the 60hz refresh of my monitor. Unfortunately I do not have a 144hz refresh monitor to check it.

Does it continue to stutter if you stay in one spot and keep doing 360s with your camera? Or does it eventually stop?

My 2020 MacBook Pro and 2019 iMac run the game at 60FPS in 4k and 5k, and I do not have this issue. Although I use lower graphics settings so my fan is quiet and I’m on non-M1, not running Big Sur, with 16GB ram.

Could it possibly be your gaming mouse is incompatible with the new computer? Or you need to install the software and adjust the settings for it on there? I have seen a lot of issues with mice on Mac in the reviews when I was looking to buy one. If you turn the camera with the touchpad, do you get the same stuttering?

Otherwise, have you tried Vsync or turning particle density down? Have you checked to see if it is using your graphics card vs. the auto detect energy efficient version? You can tell it to apply it in System > Advanced > Graphics Card. Have you tried playing with max FG and BG FPS? Those are just a couple things I change, maybe you could rule it out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.