M+ Hero shoulder appearance not available

So I have 2500+ rating and I have the shoulder appearances for all of Normal, Heroic, and Mythic of the current tier unlocked. The effect is available for the Heroic and Mythic tier shoulders, but it is not available for the normal tier shoulders. In the appearance book it says I have to unlock the original appearance to get the effect, but I already have it unlocked. I’m not sure what to do

Sometimes you have to log out and log back in, or even log into/out of another character first, before all of the appearances will properly show up in your wardrobe. I had this happen when I got my first token, a few random appearances were there but others were missing and it was really worrying me…until a guildie told me to relog, and that seemed to fix it.

Yeah I wish this was the case, but this has been something I noticed a couple weeks ago. I’ve tried running the raid to get the shoulders to drop to see if there is a version of the appearance that I haven’t collected yet, but that’s hard to make happen with the drop and winning the roll lol

Do you have the ‘Tier Shoulders’ unlocked, or do you have the generic Shoulders that can be used by any Mail user?
Go to ‘Collections’ → Appearances → Then between the Items and Sets, click the sets tab, and that will make it easy to see what items you have/missing for each Tier set, and their respective color tints to the corresponding difficulty(LFR/Norm/Heroic/etc).

The helm/shoulder appearance effects only apply to class specific tier items, regardless if there are items that share the same model; which can be easily deceiving if you’re on a class that has collected the non-class specific piece of equipment that shares an identical model with the tier set, but you have not acquired the class-specific tier piece of gear.

2 Likes

That would explain it! Thank you for your help!!