M+ Event Question

I’m attempting to create an automated log of M+ partners that I can update with notes (quit, good tank, whatever).

I want to capture the group membership list as of the activation of the key and I’m having some trouble figuring out what event to use for that.

The closest I could find was MAYBE “CHALLENGE_MODE_START” but I’m not certain.

Does anyone know what event or events are fired that indicate “Key has been activated?”

Possibly:

1. AFTER CHALLENGE_MODE_START
  2. AFTER WORLD_STATE_TIMER_START

Any time after that - could wait a second or two with a timer - capture the player information.

That looks promising, but as testing this is going to involve going into M+ instances with other people, I can’t really test it in a dedicated way.

I’m hoping someone else has already tried something like this and has a definitive answer.

I have no idea what event would work but i would make an addon and register any event you think may work then print the events as they fire. If you want to do some testing you could wait for the end of the week and burn your key in a dungeon alone.

I used /etrace to do that already. I “discarded” everything prior to putting the key in the stem and then stopped it after the countdown was done. That’s where I got the two events I posited.

I don’t want my chat box flooded by events (which would happen) as most M+, the only communication comes through chat and I’d likely miss it - which would be bad because only dire things get communicated at all anyway and I don’t want to impact other players with my testing.

Then register those two events print one line as they fire then unregister that event. They will at most print 2 lines.

Unneeded. I know they fire. That’s how I found them (using /etrace). My concern is whether or not they’re reliable indicators for the state I’m looking for.

I think they must be from what I’m seeing.

I’ve got to work out how to do this detection when a reload occurs within the active instance, but I think I know the API calls for that bit.

CHALLENGE_MODE_START is what you’re after

Thanks, Elvie.

Now, I’m trying to deal with a edge case involving a /reload.

I THOUGHT C_MythicPlus.IsMythicPlusActive() would work, but it turns out that gives a true response:

1. outside of the instance
  2. in the instance before you put the key in the stem
  3. in the instance after you put the key in the stem but before you activate it
  4. in the instance after you put the key in the stem, after you activate it, but before the counter reaches the end
  5. in the instance after you put the key in the stem, after you activate it, and after the counter reaches the end

I don’t think that function does what it says it does. :slight_smile:

I’m gonna rerun the tests using C_ChallengeMode.IsChallengeModeActive()

Results:

True only in cases 4 and 5 above.

Triggering on CHALLENGE_MODE_START would simplify the /reload-catchup logic as I can test for C_ChallengeMode.IsChallengeModeActive() on PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD and true would put me in the same state as just after the event fired.

I think I’ll go with that.