M+ Balance, DPS Per Spec 9.1

What would help is if Blizzard kept a log of this stuff as default instead of relying on others to keep a log. Seeing data like this is the same as seeing who the best tank or healer is, it only means some people are going to be swapping and we all know what that can do.

I absolutely want to roll demo lock, but the amount of micromanagement and imp tracking I believe it needs just turns me off. I know I’m casual and think I’d just be better off playing something else.

First of all the difference is negligible.

Best Frost DK 2725.9 23-25 keys

Best feral druid 2603.0 23-24 keys

Second, again, feral druid is much harder than frost DK. Especially in the higher keys where mass pulls are being done, and they chain into the next group. Managing the rotation perfectly is nearly impossible in those circumstances.

We done here?

The only other assertion I’m trying to make is damage matters. And despite what you think I’m not saying utility doesn’t matter. All I’m saying is utility doesn’t scale. It’s a control.

If you look at everyone’s history you’re going to find they were doing lower keys at the start of the tier.

So why are people doing higher keys now?

Has their utility scaled up?
Are they suddenly a much better player?
Or has their damage improved?

Is a +5 easy to do?
Do you need to pay attention to mechanics in a +5.
How about if you do a +5 with a group in 160iLvl gear?

That might be as difficult as a high key now.

It’s just a tread mill. Damage matters a lot.

You’ve already conceded this point so I’m not sure what you’re continuing to argue about.

1 Like

Some things never change in melee feral and enhancement at the bottom so much. And dont make excuses there ain’t enough parses there is a reason for that and you all know why.

1 Like

Remember, it counts downtime in WCL. So, any time you spend not dpsing brings down the average.

Remember, WCL counts downtime as zero dps for the average. If you do 10k dps in 30s then stand still for 30s out of combat WCL will say you did 5k dps.

These numbers are probably 20% or so higher on Details or whatever.

The difference between a +23 and a +25 is around 80%. Hardly negligible.

The highest key cleared by a feral is a 23… unless you’re counting the one failed attempt at a 24 :roll_eyes:

An ~80% difficulty gap in what a feral can clear compared to what a FDK can clear is not simply due to feral being harder. The best feral(s) in the world can perform the rotation with minimal errors. Besides, a perfectly executed feral m+ performance is still significantly behind a perfectly executed FDK m+ performance; this according to sim data, which is reinforced by IO and log data.

1 Like

The highest key for the feral was a 24, the highest for a FDK was a 25. That’s not an 80% difficulty gap.

And i love how you say M+ performance and ignore raid, where you know the opposite exists.

This thread is about mythic keystones, it says “m+” right there in the first word of the title. Raid balance or PVP balance is not relevant to m+. Obviously you can have a spec that struggles badly in one type of content but not another type

2 Likes

Except they’re not struggling badly. They’re completing 23 keys. That’s beyond the maximum rewards. Every other non metas class is within 2 levels of that.

No offense but that is some 15 logic

1 Like

You can beat any 15+ with the 6.7k dps tbh. I wasnt expecting feral could reach 8k
I thought it was actually worse.

Interesting data nonetheless i mean no average player have to care about it if they do the averga dps which is a relief but if they plan to make competitive tournaments this has to be etiher adressed or considered when distributing rewards.

Surely blizzard has a more accurate data etc etc but since they dont provide it this is all we have and honestly is quite good, thanks again.

Ok, why do keys fail in higher keys?

And what is the name of the logic that reveals these mysteries? Meta logic? Narcissistic “It’s all me, not spec, gear, or a carry team” logic?

That’s a great pivot from

Lmao.

I guess you just lack any reasonable experience of higher keys to know what you’re talking about.

I’d say the major issue is player skill cap and lack of communication, and based on your posts; for you it isn’t the latter.

Searched the topic

“utility isn’t needed”

Is something only you’ve said.

Evidently dps matters in 15’s and you know it or the people playing them wouldn’t be shying away from the low dps now would they? Quit making excuses for crap balance as always why should you have to struggle more cause your dps is way lower adds stay up longer more boss mechanics blah blah blah why people want to blow it off like it’s okay is humorous.

One feral has completed two 24s. It’s so rare that I didn’t even see it at first. Even if we just compare the difficulty gap between a 24 and a 25 it’s around a 40% difference. The reason no feral has completed a 25 is because it is either mathematically impossible to do so right now or such an improbable task that it hasn’t been accomplished, given our lower dungeon dps relative to literally every other spec.

Relative is the key word. Relative to other specs feral is struggling badly. A one level increase in key difficulty at +24 is a dps check that every other spec has managed to pass but feral. This is still significant to people not clearing > +20 keys, just as mythic raid logs still matter to people just doing heroic raids.

Nobody wants their spec to be 10% or more behind everyone else, even if you can still clear the content.

That’s more balanced than I expected and also some surprises on which classes are doing better.

Another bias is that people who run M+ are going to play classes that are particularly good in M+ (which usually means dispensing of trash quickly).

1 Like