M+ and mythic

Pretty damn easy. I did it as a holy paladin and I almost fell asleep spamming flash of light.

people still believe classic is harder than retail? LOL.

6 Likes

I cleared BWL back when it was new content in 2005.

BWL was a joke. The hardest part of raiding, other than finding 40 people who could play at the same time, was playing the raids in 600x800 with awful internet connections and slow PCs.

Classic has a lot of appealing stuff, and vanilla was one of my favorite times playing WoW. But the raid difficulty was not very great compared to any other expansion since vanilla.

2 Likes

ROFL!!

Ok lets make the raid just 1 difficulty level but that one has to be Mythic level, because i don’t want it to be LFR difficulty level like in Classic.

I enjoy scaling difficulty. M+ and retail offer that. It’s one reason i enjoyed pvp so much and now enjoy M+. Every key level brings potentially new ways to deal with the same problem. What could be ignored it a 10 is hurting you in a 15 and is now one shotting you in 20.

Retail offers content for all levels of experience. I do think they could take out one tier in raids. 4 is a bit much as so many players spend maybe a week or two in normal before being 100% in heroic or higher.

I imagine it might go something like this:

Can’t speak too much about raids, but I wouldn’t say that Vanilla dungeons were harder, but they were a little more of something you sat time aside for, which I kinda miss. Don’t really dig the concept of dungeon runs that can comfortably fit within a lunch break.

I definitely prefer having 1-2 difficulties over N difficulties though. Felt much better with there being a singular definitive “real” version of the dungeon that you eventually progressed past instead of running the same map into the ground endlessly.

1 Like

I prefer two difficulty levels:

1. A Normal level on par with current LFR
  2. A Heroic level on par with current Heroic

Let’s bring reason back to the game. Make it a game again. I already have a job.

But let’s be honest here, any mythic raid in BfA is more difficult than any heroic raid in, say, Cata. I cleared Heroic DeathWing when it was current content. There is no way I’m clearing any Mythic raids now.

So while I agree with you somewhat, I do think the new mythic raids are more difficult than the old heroic.

there’s a problem with this. going back down to one difficulty will me it being the middle level of difficulty. hardcore will complain its too easy, casuals may not find it doable. that would cut out a large portion of the player base. they have these modes for a reason: so that every tier of player can experience the PvE content, thus keeping their sub numbers at their highest rate possible. imagine their sub numbers if dungeons were at mythic difficulty only (cutting out heroic and M+) and raids were only heroic difficulty. hardcores would quit due to boredom, and the more casual base would quit because they couldn’t progress, leaving the mid tier players, who might ave to quit because they can’t progress because they can’t pull from the other two tiers of players that quit.

i say keep things the way they are. yes, even LFR. I like the extra reskins of tmog items i can get from there.

2 Likes

Nah i don’t want the raid to be that easy.

I do. To each their own.

It’s already that easy, though. Just do Heroic! Or are you saying you want better gear for that level of difficulty?

I’m saying that four difficulties is three too many, but having two is a reasonable compromise. I’m also saying that Mythic level difficulty is ridiculous and unnecessary unless your targeted demographic is professional gamers.

How bout lets not remove reasons people play the game, kthx.

Why shouldn’t Mythic difficulty exist for people who enjoy it?

And why do difficulties you don’t want to play affect your game experience in the first place?

This really comes off as you just not liking that there’s content in this game that doesn’t suit your individual tastes.

edit: I accidentally a word

1 Like

I don’t like PvP, let’s remove pvp

1 Like

You might misunderstand yourself. What you want is to play the most difficult dungeon, and have the feeling that you’re on top. You don’t want mythic because now there’s a greater separation of who the best in the game are from the average person.

Wow Classic raids are about equivalent difficulty to regular raids in retail, not even heroic difficulty. What you like is that’s as good as you have to be to be the top. There is no shame in that. Just don’t be under the illusion that the content is difficult. Classic is the easiest and simplest iteration of WoW, period. And there is NOTHING wrong with that.

However, if you don’t understand that, you’re not going to be able to ask for what you actually want.

1 Like

Because the entire system as a whole has been warped to support them. Back when the system was reasonable, starter raid gear was acquired through Heroic Dungeons. Raid gear upgrades came at a consistent pace through raiding and even crafting.

Now, pre-Mythic raid gear is acquired through Mythic+ keys, World quests, and crazy try-hard game devices like Vision and AP grinds. This makes Mythic raiding the only compelling form of grouped raid content. The difficulty inherently disqualifies the majority of the beer league raiding buddies I had back in the WotLK days. In other words, there is no longer a carrot to keep my friends in the game. Why was the system set up like that? To get Mythic raiders’ alts and returning friends into the Mythic raid faster. I think the ever-increasing raid difficulty has been a cancer on the game.

If your friends needed a carrot they didn’t really enjoy the game anyway