M+ affixs are not fun and need a complete system overhaul

No one goes “I’m so excited for sanguine week!”. This is a video game not an esport. Make a system people enjoy. The subborness of the dev team on this is beyond frustrating. It’s the same ole wait for years while the community tells you over and over and then finally admit you were wrong.

They are plenty of changes that can fix the current system. If they want to keep affix why not make them kiss/curse?

Get entangled? 10% DPS boost but can’t move
Hit by a valcano? 10% haste with cost of getting knocked up
Bursting stacks? Every stack increases mastery by 2% but risk dying

These are off the top of my head and would be A LOT less frustrating to deal with. It blows my mind they think keeping a pure negative system IN A VIDEO GAME is a good idea.

You could always create them all to be pure rewarding but if ignored would lose out on perks. Tons of ways to improve this system yet the Blizzard arrogance on full effect.

Ever wonder why some of the seasonal affixs were the most popular? Most were kiss/curse. They will break as they always do once the arrogance reaches it’s peak.

5 Likes

Agree. Very disappointed that nothing changes again. M+ for me ist just becoming annoying . Waiting for 1 hour in group finder to get into a key. Not being able to play the game on certain weeks. Game was more fun when i was still bad and playing in keystones where nothing of this mattered.

1 Like

Because positive affixes create a greater disparity between highest keys possible on different weeks.

And people who hate affixes, would largely prefer a dungeon full of target dummies that gave loot.

2 Likes

Everyone would then screech for affixes to be a specific positive benefit or you’ll get this conversation about “Positive Affix 1 isn’t as strong as Positive Affix 2 but push weeks are only on Fort weeks with Positive Affix 2 and Positive Affix 3” or “Positive Affix 1 is really strong for X meta classes but not for my class”

Going along with this point:

Agree with above. We’ve had positive affixes and people complained. We dont even have seasonal affixes anymore cause people complained.

They complained about one seasonal and with good reason.

Video games introduce friction to make a more fulfilling experience. No one thinks world content is fun because you bulldoze every mob you come in contact with. You don’t log in on patch day to a full set of upgraded items, because it’s be a meaningless experience.

Completing content without friction isn’t fun, at least for players who enjoy challenge. I get it “AfFiXeS aReN’t A cHaLlEnGe” or w/e, but trying to keep sang from healing mobs is more involved than just blasting them down. The last 30% of a mobs health being unable to be slowed is something you have to be aware of.

Some things in the game aren’t directly there to increase your enjoyment in the moment, but increase your satisfaction when you’ve overcome it. No one likes to be broke, but it feels great to make it to the other side.

1 Like

They don’t make me feel like that. They make me think “Oh boy, a whole week of constantly doing this exact thing over and over again whoopee.”
That’s why I imagine affixes wouldn’t be half as annoying if they were at the very least completely random based on the key like Diablo handles them.

1 Like

You only know negativity as evidenced by years of complaining. Iirc, you’re someone who feels compelled to do things you don’t want to and make it everyone else’s problem.

In short, you have no credibility for liking ANYTHING.

2 Likes

I’ve been advocating for some kind of positive or risk affixes for a while. Thundering had the right idea, but not a great implementation. They really just needed to keep iterating on that idea, cause Thundering was kinda fun to coordinate and get reward out of. The sad part was the reward was not that… rewarding.

Imagine the top keys are some MLG-level coordination for a very powerful Thundering to push that absolute maximum numbers they can with all the chaos going on in mega pulls? That would be cool to watch.

Nothing you just said makes any sense whatsoever.