Lunar Festival Elders are not reset

Just an fyi, you cannot repeat any of the Elder quests for Lunar Festival, which started today. I remember being able to do it each year back in the day, but 15 years is a long time. Is this intended, or is it related to the Christmas present bug?

3 Likes

likely i hope they can fix it, i want ma dumplings

1 Like

It’ll be ignored like the Christmas event

2 Likes

You definitely could do it every year in the real vanilla, but just like the Christmas presents they will again ignore this because they are both incompetent and don’t care. Really insulting to the playerbase. Would love to have the Dumplings, they’re nuts for everyone but in particular for mana users in pvp

We’re working on resetting the event for player-characters who did it last year.

We’ll post an update when we have it fixed up.

12 Likes

Awesome! Sorry for projecting my general disappointments, very happy to see this!

Thank you kind sir. I was quite disappointed that I might not be able to add to my collection of fine festival dresses.

Presents didn’t reset last year either so who knows, maybe this is “working as intended™”

1 Like

The Christmas presents were never fixed :frowning:

12 Likes

Thanks very much for the response. =D Looking forward to getting them all again this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs48hmVmEbg

1 Like

Y’all remember when the christmas presents got resetted for previous players? Yoooooo same. :confused:

3 Likes

are you kidding me? you’re gonna reset this but never reset winterveil? you guys really are truly out of touch with your own game.

6 Likes

I wonder if they care more about the lunar festival because it’s bigger on the china servers. I imagine they wouldn’t care about christmas stuff.

5 Likes

The 2 interns working on classic were pulled away to create the epic new launcher

4 Likes

…

Why am I not surprised.

If I was on the team I would just assume all the season event quests won’t reset on their own, and make a script to go through and flag everyone’s character as having never done the quests.

Then set it to run in batches a week or so in advance so that by the time the NPCs are set to spawn everyone’s been reset and can redo the quests.

…then again, I’m assuming IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(), which should be what the client is using to check, is handled entirely on the sever side and the client never has any idea if you’ve completed the quest or not until it queries the server.

You’re assuming there’s a whole team of devs. I think it’s more likely there’s one dev somewhere that occasionally gets pulled off another project to fix something in Classic.

I think it’s a bit of what you say, but also I think the WoW Dev Team is primarily made up of Devs working on Retail. With the Classic team being a subsection of it. And probably ostracized because the players seem to prefer the “old guard’s” version of the game over, what they perceive is a masterpiece [Retail].

1 Like

This is more or less exactly what I said.

It doesn’t have to be a retail dev specifically, but that’s probably what it is.

Been three days and not fixed yet.

1 Like