Lua Error with all add-ons disabled

Trying to figure out were this error is coming from. I disabled all my add-ons so I know it isn’t an add-on.
I tried reloading UI.

Message: [string “*ReputationFrame.xml:743_OnEnter”]:1: attempt to index global ‘ReputationWatchStatusBarText’ (a nil value)
Time: Tue Apr 30 20:39:33 2024
Count: 4
Stack: [string “*ReputationFrame.xml:743_OnEnter”]:1: attempt to index global ‘ReputationWatchStatusBarText’ (a nil value)
[string “*ReputationFrame.xml:743_OnEnter”]:1: in function <[string “*ReputationFrame.xml:743_OnEnter”]:1>

Locals: self = ReputationWatchBar {
0 =
OverlayFrame = Frame {
}
StatusBar = StatusBar {
}
factionID = 1119
}
motion = true
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “attempt to index global ‘ReputationWatchStatusBarText’ (a nil value)”

You will want to do a UI reset disabling them they still load.

1. Completely exit World of Warcraft.
  2. Uninstall any addon managers to make sure they don’t re-add your removed addons.
  3. In the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application, click Options (the cogwheel next to Play button) and select Show in Explorer (Windows®) or Reveal in Finder (Mac®).
  4. Open the World of Warcraft® folder.
  5. Open the folder for the game version you’re troubleshooting (retail, classic_era, or classic)
  6. Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
  7. Re-launch World of Warcraft so the changes can take effect.
1 Like

And don’t forget the /console cvar_default part as well, since a lot of addons will enable the lua error popups cvar and that variable is stored on the servers. This could just be a common stock error that pops up even on brand new accounts and installations. There have been a few of those over the years.

1 Like

In the future, please use UI and Macro for a topic like this one.

1 Like