Lowering Great Vault Participation Requirements

Looks like I’ll still never get to see anything on that UI.

Totally agree. Having nothing is preferable.

Increase rewards for standard content completion. Normal dungeons are only run intentionally for leveling and gear progression in the first part of the expansion. Heroic dungeons are part of that gear progression, then quickly never returned to. Mythic+ should not be the be-all-end-all to gearing, nor should raiding have sole custody of more effective equipment.

Can we not return to a time with dungeon currency like Badges of Justice that offer not only a way to fill gaps in gear, but also a way to attain a level of gear and stat spread that feels good to play with in the open world and effective in the current normal raids? Or will that too harshly curb the time we sink into a single character that devs may be relying on to extend their timelines for future content?

1 Like

I agree with the raiding portion of this. But the vault is horribad in many ways for M+ too. Rather a currency would IMO be a better choice for both as it removes the RNG. If I want to buy a scale I can just buy a scale instead of having to bang my head against Hakkar in every +2 I can possibly queue for. Personally I think the best solution is just a currency for all that’s shared on all content. You can just save up and buy what you want.

Vaults good for M+ but is trash for Raiding. Bring back bonus rolls for raiding so that people can actually target what they need rather than leaving it up to RNG, or make it so we can set each slot to target a specific boss IF they want it to be good for raiding.

When world quest gear is so high it’s hard to make normal and heroic dungeon gear feel worthwhile even with badges.

But I don’t think many people want to gut world content gear either.

Every piece of content and it’s rewards compete with other content and it’s rewards. The easier/more accessible tend to overshadow the rest.

So it’s more complicated than just slapping “badge” gear on stuff. Effective in normal raids would be 239-246, but would that be high enough?

I just don’t think that you should have to wait on the vault for better Ilvl gear. What’s in the box at the end of the run should be top. And 3/5 people should get something at a minimum. 5/5 would be better because all 5 are needed for higher keys. Also, getting the same unique equipped piece twice sucks.

Yes.

What are eke bosses

What makes the vault suck is that 99% of the time it drops stuff I do not need.

Personally I didn’t think raids needed something like the GV. Just maybe upping the bonus roll %. Or maybe make the bonus roll 100% but you get 1 per week capped.

The GV M+ on the other hand, oof. It really isn’t that much better than the chest. Options are great, for sure, but if you stop and think about it isn’t much. M+ is roughly 1:100 chance to get any single item you want. So getting 3 choices makes you go from roughly 1% to around ~4% for all of those clears.

I would make it so the currency reward from GV can be used at a vendor to buy the item you want outright. If the item is in the vault, pick that, if not, after enough weeks of currency you can just buy what you need.

Eke bosses are like end bosses for people who can’t spell when typing fast on their phone.

2 Likes

Well this is good news, but it would be really better if when you checked vault to pick up your reward, you did not get the exact same thing you already have equipped.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve chosen the knowledge token instead when what I really needed was a piece of gear I did not already have or one with better stats.

Does LFR count towards the Raid Vault? I don’t expect powerful gear or anything like that but being as limited on time as I am that would be cool. I would be happy with just transmog if possible. I enjoy wow but don’t have time to setup raid groups or really participate to a level where I could join a raid group.

I do believe it does count but at the lowest ilvl. I did a google search and found a few threads that actually indicated LFR did count, but only as normal. However, those posts were from last year. Not sure about now since I haven’t done an LFR yet this year.

1 Like

Biggest quality of life change. Thank you so much.

I appreciate these changes. There are some further changes with gear that would be cool. I’ve done a lot of raids where the bosses don’t drop any loot, and when they do it’s versatility gear. Then I use to vault to supplement, however, most of the gear there is versatility gear too if it’s useful at all. Versatility is useful when I am tanking but I need haste gear for fury. This versatility gear dropped so often a month or 2 would go by without an upgrade. By all means, keep the vault, but the raid bosses should drop more gear at least 1 per end boss of a section and the vault should have something useful in there. I hate doing the grind and not getting much out of it, the Korthia grind was the only thing filling in the blanks for me.

Thanks for the change and communication :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also looked into the “craft your own” tier set gear options which will be available in the coming weeks and think that’s also an incredible feature you tied in here! looking forward to next week! (Except for tazarvesh…i’m nervous about the shapes boss!)

1. Some of the demands to just hand out gear, and more of it, is ridiculous.
  2. While I would have liked to be able to upgrade valor to 252, that would also negate gear progression. If you were farming mythic syl, you had enough gear anyways and could still do one M+ vault run. Hard core players would just max out valor very quickly.
  3. Vault RNG needs to be fixed to at least not give you the same item over and over, literally the EXACT same item should never be allowed unless its going to be higher ilvl. A complete waste of vault.
  4. RNG was so bad it should be reduced to 3 M+ per additional option, a lot of times all 3 options were useless anyways.

As future seasons progress, can these participation requirements be further lessened with each month in the season? For example: The absolute minimum requirements can become 1-2-3 (for first-second-third vault slot).

If M+ is currently 1-4-8, in 1 month it can be 1-4-7, next month 1-3-7, then 1-3-6, 1-3-5, 1-2-5, 1-2-4, 1-2-3. That’s 7 months (an average season) to reach 1-2-3. Considering there will be less active players as a season progresses–due to burn-out, completion, or lack of priority–it makes it easier for late-bloomers to come in and get geared.

Right now, to do 8 of the same dungeons we’ve already done dozens of times to hope for a small upgrade is asking a lot of a player’s patience.

1 Like

I am even shocked they lowered it further than they did because their whole spiel with /time played metrics.

If they want to increase my time played, they can help out by not making me dread logging into another week of grinding out 8 M+ dungeons–3 of which will actually end up being progression whilst the other 5 are me bum-rushing 15s Monday night.