Low to mid 50 fps in Valdrakken (still)

Continuing the discussion from Low to mid 50 fps in Valdrakken:

I’m running a TUF Gaming 4080 OC and a 5600X. This user and I should not be getting the same FPS in Valdrakken if the game is CPU-bound as their 5950X blows my 6-core out of the water. Something else is going on. Has anyone had any luck figuring it out? My CPU is nowhere near saturation and my GPU is running at 25% while in the Dragon Isles capital.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I have a 5800x3D and a Radeon 7900xt, and while before I was getting 75-90fps in Valdraken, now I can barely get above 50 fps. My CPU is sitting at ~25% usage and my GPU at ~35% usage, yet I’m capped at less than 50fps… love it.

1 Like

5800X3D || 16GB DDR4 3800 || RTX 3080 Ti || Game installed on Samsung 970 EVO Plus

40 FPS in Val maxed @ 3440x1440 w/RT ON since DF launch

1 Like

Same
5950X || 64GB DDR4 3800 cl16 || 6950XT || game installed on a Samsung 980 pro

Average in Val is 40-50fps @ 3440x1440 No RT.

CPU usage is 1% and gpu hovers around 30%. All other areas frame rate bumps against the 165fps limit I have set.

1 Like

A large amount of the reports I’m seeing about the drop in FPS numbers, particularly in populated areas like Valdrakken, are with Ryzen CPUs. I’m wondering if they changed the rendering pipeline in such a way to heavily regress Ryzen performance. Nonetheless, I really hope they see this and can get a fix rolled out. Losing 40-50% of your FPS overnight really sucks.

1 Like

WoW runs less than optimal even on 4090/13900KF or 4090/7950X3D combos.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. At least it looks pretty.

Theres some big issue with performance at the moment given that my GPU fan kicks in when the character selection appears.

1 Like

I have spent weeks trying to fix this. Its only when you turn towards the auction house. I finally got it to 80 by turning down the view distance to six. I get 144 solid everywhere else. 7900x and 6950xt.

If WoW is CPU dependent then why can my brothers 10+ year old PC play WoW fine but PCs that are WAAAAY more powerful than his can still not even get more FPS than he can in Valdrakken?

WoW is an old game. 2023 PCs should be able to run it at a SOLID 60FPS if the graphics aren’t maxed out. My laptop should be able to run it at SOLID 45FPS since the graphics aren’t maxed out but no. Not even close.

Blizzard forces every player to play in the same one area every patch instead of actually giving reasons to go to other places in the World of Warcraft. Even though computer CPUs are 1000x stronger today than they were 10 years ago we still get exactly the same FPS as we did 10 years ago.

Blizzard would rather get easy money than actually make a proper expansion with FPS//performance in mind. All they need to do is make multiple “main cities” so that there’s no main city and people just pick their favorite city so only 25% of the players are in each city. They sort of did it with burning crusade but they were both in shattrath so it didn’t work out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.