Low population Server

Hi all!

I’m from a US West server, Myzrael, and I got back to playing regularly recently. I was appealed at the low population on the server. By low, I mean that statistics shows less than 20 people playing per month. That situation lasted for the past year.

If the start of Cataclysm Classic didn’t revitalize the server, nothing will. I contacted support and they cannot, obviously, offer free realm transfers.

I noticed that Myzrael was not alone in this situation. Would it be possible to merge servers? Combining the population of multiple servers would quickly make things interesting.

For those that wonder why I would like a “more crowded server”… think about it. Battleground are totally dead. Simply impossible. The Auction House have nothings and no one to buy what you put up.

Also, all major cities are empty. It’s just sad.

Playing WoW always was about community. I really hope some developers will see this and find a solution for those of us isolated on our dying islands.

1 Like

they had said they would be closing servers down sometime after cata launched but they have yet to close them, just before launch they had free transfer’s off those server’s.

transfers available - unless they have stopped them?
h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/free-character-transfers-%E2%80%93-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic/1827305

server pop/balance we know of
h ttps://ironforge.pro/population/classic/?locale=US

Still doing transfers for free but not sure about your realm. I have a dk on one of the locked servers but he’s human and whitemane is my only option so haven’t transferred him yet.

Think I’ve seen a Darkness on the server recently.

If you aren’t on Myzrael, ignore this as tldr; as it’s only useful to Myzrael residents.

I resubbed a couple months ago from a 1 year haitus (left before the argent tournament was released) after most of my guild went to Atiesh. I like it. I’m stocking up for the impending move. Free transfer is open with no gold limit. Hoping we get a warning as I have 2 alt guild banks of mats or gear that I’m trying to empty.

You can farm without competition. Level without a frost mage coming thru to grab all the mobs and aoe down. It’s like your own instance of Uldum for mining.

AH is dead except mostly for posting stuff for exorbitant amounts. Avoid AH. It’s mostly overpriced. I don’t post on AH because someone will just relist my auction which I had priced reasonably.

I’m not advertising myself here so will say don’t mail me. Use LookingForGroup channel if you need a trade skill or mats and I’ll answer if I’m on (I have every prof maxed, except chanting 515 or so). Or DE stuff for you. I have all the bag recipes if you have mats. I also have every glyph and gobs of pre-cata ink I need to use up. Sandstone Drake recipe.

You can still queue for dungeons normally despite our pop.

As my friend noticed, there’s a lot of pairs of weird named players which she thinks are bots using the realm before free transferring. I was hoping we’d be pretty bot-free as there isn’t a market to sell stuff and the server is locked so no new accounts can create a character here.

Also some rare farmers come here, the ones that had a character here before it got locked.

BGs are an issue. Like sometimes Wintergrasp doesn’t run, so neither side has the quest mobs at the fortress. I queued once at the dal npc and nothing happened. Then it said next game is in 2hours (4? I forget). I was accidently flying by once in WG zone and it asked to queue I said yes and got in game. So be in the zone and don’t queue at the Dal npc. Queuing random, I’ve had normal WG, AB, Eye games except no random AV has ever popped.

Battlegrounds have nothing to do with your server population

That’s because nobody is doing them. Not because nobody on Myzrael is doing them.

3 Likes

Yes normal, with the one caveat: if no one from Myzrael queued for the last Wintergrasp, no one will have control of the fortress and it will be empty of NPCs. No horde no alliance. This occurs often. Will have to get quests shared to you while in a match.

1 Like

Oh yikes, I didn’t know that was a thing.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

Go do the fishing tournament and get the dread pirate ring for your heirloom collection lol

3 Likes