Low-level Nightborne Elves and Suramar City

I recently finished the Nightborne quest-line after like, several days of poopsock questing and rep-grinding. With the manasaber from Gul’dan in hand, I created my new not-night-elf and was plopped gracefully into The Nighthold, That One Raid. You can’t leave The Nighthold really because The Big Door is closed, but there’s an open portal to Shal’Aran, where Oculeth and Thalyssra still spend their off hours for some reason. If you’re the ruler of an entire society that just gained its freedom from both demons that were real, real mean and centuries of magic addiction, it really does make the most sense to keep chillin’ in the cave that used to be occupied by your terrorist cell.

Anyway, if you try to leave the cave, Oculeth teleports you back to him and asks you to “Mind The Gap” which I think is pretty weird, but there’s nothing stopping you from taking his other portals. One of them goes to the terrace in the south of Suramar City so I took that one, took the teleporter to the ground, and was promptly slaughtered by a 110 Nightborne Elf. I guess some of them still work for the Legion. Or maybe he didn’t like my outfit.

I get that a lot goes into creating a new city, but certainly it wouldn’t hurt for the mobs to like, be friendly if you’re an actual Nightborne Elf. Chronologically you can’t even be a horde NBE until the city has been liberated, so it’s definitely weird that they still attack you on sight.

I checked and you can use the mask to disguise yourself so that the guards don’t attack you, which really highlights the absurdity of the original issue. I’m a nightborne elf that’s bad, but if I look like a different nightborne elf, then it’s all chill.

12 Likes

I think they cant really fix that. otherwise u cancel a full zone for new player to lvl from. And some people loved xp there.

I mean, they could always put Zidormi there. That way you can “travel back” to the original Legion version, but get to have a newer, more lore updated version.

1 Like

Dont you get a quest to go to Org then use a portal behind the people on lower level to port to org?

This is kinda why they fix the low lvl experience in shadowland. For new player they get that tutorial zone. Otherwise it is Canon that any extension u get a chosen with Chromie so u get back in time. But as of right now its aint fixed

I just wish the nightborne mobs were atleast yellow when you walk around the city. Not much immersion there If I have to turn into a nightborne as a nightborne so not to get smacked around… by other nightborne.

5 Likes

But it’s a really cozy cave.

3 Likes

Oh my god I never thought of what it would be like to be a Nightborne running around 110 Suramar and having the NPCs go “an illusion… what are you… wait you’re a Nightborne?!” lmao

I think Blizz could’ve easily solved this by making the Nightborne’s AR unlock quest to be more about them (instead of 75% about Alleria and the Sunwell) saying that the city was still trying to clean up it’s insurrection (which helps to also justify why Suramar isn’t being used as a base of operations), but they’d rather clock in that sweet Thalyssra and Lor’themar love making I guess lol

1 Like

They don’t like your eyes… you look funny… somethings not quite right!

Yep. There are two other portals there though. One of them is a portal to what appears to be Silvermoon, but you can’t use it. The other one to Shal’Aran is active and you can click on it.

Ahh ty. Did not notice that.

Ever seen those wanted posters at the post office? If they get recognized, they get arrested. If they disguise themselves to look like another human, they don’t get arrested. So what you are describing is just like real life.

This is nothing more than a phasing problem. And by problem, I mean it’s kind of silly to expect an entire questing zone to somehow become phased to respond to Nightborne that’re player created, and no one else.

Now if the entire city had been redone to make it so people could go within and it had been revamped to no longer have the Legion presence, then yes, an argument could be made to make it so the player created Nightborne characters have access to that phased aspect of Suramar off the bat.

But that would never happen.

1 Like

There’s several quests in the game in which an area is neutral and then becomes hostile. Just do that, once you begin Legion content Suramar becomes hostile.

Well thats why they fix it in Shadowland with the ‘‘Tutorial Island thing’’ Cause it will make it so when u xp an ALT in any extension u return back in time to live it

I mean, the game can code the NPCS to react differently to different races.

There’s a blood elf vendor in Eversong that refuses access to trolls.

1 Like

You’re still a Nightborne though.

They don’t recognize us as nightborne because we’ve clearly been hit by the ugly bat. T^T

2 Likes

Ya it’s definitely an odd one. I’d guess it was a rush job to get things out.