LOW FPS since 10.1?

My fps has cut in half since the patch, have AMD GPU, is this the norm? has blizzard announced when they will fix yet?

2 Likes

Not sure if it is related, but.
I just had a update for windows 10…had to restart computer to let do that.

My fps was at 8 to 10 in Leagon and the ship for DK’s. Shut down wow and had a icon on tool bar to restart.
Edit…3 days later.
2 more updates for windows 10.

Game now skips the Realm selection and loads the realm with last played.
Was getting 56fps in SoS fishing Classic.
Had a little lag…I look at World ms1100.
Restart to battle.net wait ~1…68/83ms and 56 fps.
Play…straight back to last played.
Good luck…

My wife and I had these issues horribly for the first 3 days. Our FPS was effectively cut in half, or worse. Standing in Valdrakken became a 30fps experience rather than our usual 80+. Then, with one of the hotfixes, my fps went back to normal, and I haven’t had any (new) fps issues since. The only major thing we did on our end to alleviate ‘some’ of the issues and crashing was to clear our shader cache from within the AMD Adrenaline control panel.

Other than that, I can’t say for certain why your issues haven’t cleared but myself, and many others, have reported that they have. My wife and I are both on Windows 11 with the 23.4.3 drivers. I have a 7900xt and she has a 5700xt, and for both GPU generations the issues have, for the most part, resolved.

Other than that, there is a very specific graphical issue dealing with skybox LOD that Blizz said they have a fix in testing. Odd FPS capping behavior - #28 by Drakuloth

1 Like

Same here, the Skybox LOD line doesn’t exist.
What do i do? Unsub?

1 Like

everything points me to this thread: Odd FPS capping behavior - #28 by Drakuloth

and it states to deletes the SkycloudLOD line. Those of us who DO NOT have the line to delete are still having the FPS bombing issues.

running rtx 2060 that is up to date. my Windows 10 is all up to date. I did not have any FPS issues until the most recent update on 5-9-2023. And the worst I’ve found is in the Plains area. Not only does the FPS bomb to the mid teens, the world side latency also jumps up to nearly 1,000 when in that zone. My latency is normally about 45ms home and world side

1 Like

Soooo… Any news? i’m still having issues.

Manually check Windows update?

Yes. Windows, GPU drivers, addons, reinstalled wow. Still the same issue.
Had no issues whatsoever in the previous patch, now every time i enter aberrus and a fight starts my fps tanks to 20~3 fps.

im about done with this game tbh , if its not the loot system being horrible it the massive grinds for minimal rewards, you have to play on an old pc which will run wow better than a new one , i have a r7 5800x3d cooled by a artic freezer 2 360 aio , a 4070ti, 64 gigs ddr4 3600 cl16 ram, i have 2 gen 4 nvme’s running at 7,400 one for os the other strictly for games, asus rog srix b550 mobo , thermaltake gf3 psu in a nzxt h7 flow case case etc etc , i should NOT have to run wow on low settings with this machine to get good frames , i get 100 in m+ dungeons and i dip to 40 in raid, its not Weak auras or addons as ive ran it without them, its because wow is an old engine that hasnt been crazily updated in 20 + years , just make a wow 2 with a better engine alreasdy this is rediculous i have 3300 donnrs just in my tower

i fixed it after looking up the proper settings that were scewed up when the patch came out i just put the setting back at recommended spec relaunched the game and it was better

2 Likes

only took about 6 days of lag to fix it after trying everything

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.