Love is in the Air Rewards – Level Requirement

Why the change last year our lower level alts could do the place with a chance at the mount drop…what a rip.

1 Like

Or, players say they want exclusive items and things that give them a sense of achievement :man_shrugging: I’m a 40 alt farmer and while I’m sad when I don’t get it I don’t see a reason to change it.

2 Likes

Feb 2, 2018

As a compromise, we made account-wide rewards a random drop for any character capable of participating in current-expansion content. For the remainder of Legion, players level 98 and above fit that criteria. The minimum level requirement will increase again in Battle for Azeroth, and will continue to increase in future expansions.

I can understand your frustration though if the Headless Horseman did indeed drop his mount for 98’s.

Why wouldn’t they? The dungeon drops love tokens.

1 Like

You’re aware how some people push to farm it, yet you tell us about this change the Friday before the event starts? Does this make sense to you?

The availability of this mount is ridiculous. The other holiday mounts are a much higher drop rate. Please give a reason why this one is so rare in comparison.

3 Likes

It takes maybe maybe ten mins max to get in group and kill. You’ll survive not being able to level for that long. The world isn’t going to hand you things on a silver platter.

Forward thinking is limiting the game to only 110s?

1 Like

What I meant was telling us in advance, would I prefer lower lvls and more warning, sure!!

How ever this is better than they normally do, at least we arnt finding out the hard way.

Aside from the level requirement for the love rocket are there any other changes to the gear that drops? As I recall most(all?) of the gear that drops from the alchemist are necklaces. With the Heart of Azeroth being a necklace also it seems like those items won’t be much use above 110.

I was wondering when players would remember this lol.

Like unlocking new races through the reps from old content? Maybe you could change all the allied races to be tied to 110+ content?

4 Likes

If I run the dungeon with my GF, can we get 100% Drop Rate for mount?

This reminds me of the reddit post where someone asked about making reputations account wide only to have some dev reply with a long winded excuse and not really answer the question. This is why I got turned off from the game. I went over to another game where making alts are leaps and bounds more friendly and rewarding. Oh yeah and they let anyone level 15+ to the holiday events. A few friends I got to try it out (that I met in WoW years ago) are greatly enjoying it.

So keep on making your game less and less alt friendly. It will only keep driving people away.

P.S. I farmed that mount for maybe 9 years (I think) and never seen it. I’ve seen maybe 2 in game. It’s not even worth trying to get anymore. It’s such a low drop it’s a waste of time.

3 Likes

To be honest, I am not interested in doing “Love is In The Air” event at all because the drop rate is so stupidly low… the horseman’s reins used to be just as rare and I remember farming that thousands of times before I got it back in the day when it was a daily summon quest… they had no problem upping the drop rate to about 1% when they put it in the loot boxes. That actually made sense though cause it was still rare BUT REALISTICALLY OBTAINABLE!

I’m a huge mount collector and absolutely love blizzard, but two really bad decisions (in my opinion) they have done / not corrected are this drop rate and…
Giving scarab lords another mount rather than anyone who got the shifting sands questline done before its removal…

5 Likes

the easiest thing to do in the game by far…I mean really now? BE MO l337squirrel@

In this case, it’d actually be 200%, i.e. you both get one. Blizzard detects if you’re grouped and connected via the same IP, and gives a special couples’ bonus for Valentine’s Day.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

If there were no minimum, i could run it daily on up to 50 toons per account.

Why would that be a problem though?

1 Like

It gives you more chances at the mount and makes getting the mount easier and less special.

I just leveled up another rogue to 110. I might get a death knight to 110 before Tuesday too. At this point I can run it on 20 toons. Hopefully there’s some mount collecting in my future!