Lost cutscene dialogue

Had the same issue with this quest chain.

Just confirming that it’s still happening. Went through the post-80 War Within campaign quests on my second character and it was the same song and dance. Seems like the dialogue cuts out whenever I hit a cutscene and persists for all dialogue after it ends. Completely closing and reopening the game seems to fix it but it goes right back out once you hit that next cutscene.

2 Likes

Still getting no sound at all EXCEPT character dialogue. Began with an Ahn-Karet cutscene.

Restarting doesnt fix, toggling interface options doesnt fix, deleting cache/wtf doesnt fix. Sound cuts out right when the character loading screen pops up.

One of the addon authors I’ve been talking to about this issue found that if there is char dialog happening when the cut scene starts it causes this issue. He’s added a stop dialog command to his addon to try and fix the issue, its worth trying out the addon is Chatty little NPC you can download it from Curse.

PS. on the EU forums there’s a blue post about this issue blizzard said there will be a fix in the next client side update.