Lost Battle.net icon on my desktop

I want a new one. I had to delete the old one in a new windows install.
I tried copy/pasting the icon from the wow folder, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Get back here icon!
I don’t want to have to navigate into my PC every time I want to play.

C:\Program Files\Battle.net

Look for
Battle.net Launcher

HOLD control and drag it to desktop. It will crate a shortcut.

Once on the desktop you can also right click and select “pin to start” it will show up in your windows start menu

Thanks, but nothing is happening when I click on it, just like when I try to copy/paste.
Maybe there’s a security thing to take into account?

Even running as Administrator does nothing.

Sounds like its a botched install. Go into your control panel then programs. DONT uninstall wow. Just uninstall battlenet.net launcher. Once thats done download it from here and install it. It will also place a shortcut on your desktop once it installs

If it does not show up under your installed apps? thats the issue. Just download it and reinstall

1 Like

Hmm. World of Warcraft and the Blizzard Launcher aren’t even listed in the app list. Yesterday I had to reinstall windows (on a different drive). The technician warned me that I should uninstall all programs on all drives, but I was able to play just fine without doing so. Maybe he was right!

No its still on your old drive. Do you have Discord? I can walk you though how to move it. You will also need to download and install discord :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I dont have Discord or a mic, sorry. I don’t socialize in the game enough to bother with that. And I don’t really feel like installing it either haha. I hate to bloat my PC with stuff I’ll never use.

And I don’t want to move wow, it’s fine where it is. I just need Windows to detect it. It’s strange because GeForce picked it up, but not Windows.

But thank you for the offer, appreciated.

1 Like

In that case? Reinstall JUST the benet launcher from the link above. It will ask you to install wow. To the right of the big Install button will be an option to have it find your files. Select your old drive and the folder they are in. Then you should be good

2 Likes

When I try to install Bnet, it simply updates it and launches it. But I think it’s the same app as before since it’s done in 5 seconds and doesn’t offer to install wow, just to play it.

I think the best solution would be to reinstall everything.
But it could take an hour and I don’t know if I want to do it only for one icon.
Maybe later, one day, eventually.

1 Like

Go into your start menu. You should see a folder that says Battlenet.net

In that folder you will see a battlnet app. Left click and drag to desktop then you should be set

1 Like

It’s not there either :frowning:

I think it’s completely invisible for that OS drive.

Find the battlenet folder in you OLD drive. hold Control and left click it when you find the app and drag it to the desktop. Best advice I can give ya without looking at your system.

We tried that a few minutes ago!

I think it’s best to reinstall everything :weary:

no you went into the battlenet on your C drive. Your old drive is NOT your C drive. If you know someone good with computers. Tell them your app is installed and you just want a shortcut on your desktop.

For example if I was there it would be done in 20seconds. Just have a buddy or family member do it. There are ways to locate where its installed. But If I tried to explain it? it will only confuse you

1 Like

There’s no wow of any kind on my C drive! Only my OS is there.
All things wow are on the D drive. And I’m not completely illaterate - illetarate- illatarete when it comes to computers. Different with english though haha.

Update : I found a way! I clicked on the cog next to the play button on the launcher. There was a Create Desktop Icon there as an option. This method worked! But it’still is a bit strange that my C drive doesn’t detect the game at all.

ty for helping me Shiftydruid.

2 Likes