Lost 15,000 stygia permanently to an alliance mob?

So I got repeatedly killed today by a raid of alliance in the maw. 3 deaths in a row netted me a loss of 15,000 (over half) my stygia without being able to reach my body. On my 4th death I only lost 138 stygia. After that I finally recovered my body - the only body that was recoverable. I got 138 stygia back. The 15,000 appears to be permanently lost. There is no body to recover anywhere that has any more stygia.

It appears that my body only held the stygia from my last death but not the previous ones and the previous ones apparently cost me PvE levels of stygia because maybe there was a mob agro’d in the middle of the alliance army.

if you don’t want to die to pvp deaths in the maw, disable warmode

What kind of response is that?

You’re not supposed to permanently lose all your stygia.

You’re supposed to recover it when you recover your body.

If that was the known price for pvping in the maw then your response might make sense.

But it’s not.

This is the bug forum and I’m reporting a bug.

Stygia goes by Dark Soul rules, if you dont reclaim your corpse and you die again, you lose all of what you dropped and then drop more. Rinse and repeat until you either survive getting your body back or learn not to do the Maw in pvp mode.

1 Like

but you didn’t do that.

it doesn’t just sit around forever waiting for you.

you didn’t collect it, you died again, and it’s gone.

where is the bug?

1 Like

Thanks Bear for the explanation.

Didn’t realize it worked that way.

Guess I’ll just turn off warmode and leave it off then to avoid having to go back to ogrimmar every time I want to go to the maw to turn it off.

15,000 stygia deleted in a couple of minutes. sheesh.

NOTE: probably just poor implementation rather than a bug, but the reason I lost all that stygia isn’t because I didn’t reach my body. It’s because I reached it while mounted and was clicking to loot it and nothing was happening and I couldn’t figure out why and was mobbed and killed while trying. Turns out you have to manually dismount to loot your body which is not how it works for normal looting (where you automatically dismount when you loot).

Suppose I’ll ask, were you mounted on a shadehound you earned in like Twisting Corridors and pulled from your mount journal, or mounted in a vehicle shadehound you get after killing off an outrider and stealing his mount? Because interactions while riding a vehicle (given the extra Red U-turn button to hop off) is extremely limited beyond the vehicle’s buttons.

Permanent mount. The crafted one.

PVP happened QQ

Turn off warmode, problem solved

I am unable to click my corpse to recover approx. 8K stygia that was lost in the Maw. I didn’t fall of e ledge or anything crazy. My body is right there and I am unable to click/loot it.

I tried logging in and out… I tried zoning back in but nothing is working.

I have spent so much time farming this resource.

Blizz tells me “we do not have an answer to this issue”

How is this acceptable!???

People invest time and money into this game.

Mail out the missing stygia… I don’t understand. This is such a hurtful situation…

Nah, mailling out the missing stygia would further downplay the risks and dangers of being in the Maw (warmode or otherwise). It’s not even missing–missing would imply that it was rightfully meant to be received and would be mailed to you… You just lost stygia because you died in the Maw; you’re not meant to receive it, you’re meant to retrieve it.

You have always been allowed to die and yet have the 1 opportunity to recover your stygia… Or did that change? I didn’t die multiple times.

Or is that part of the maw loreeeeeee… spoooky

Maybe if the game bugs and your gold amount drops 500,000 for no reason at all other than a bug we can say… It’s because you had a curse from the mawwwwww. It’s maw loreeee.

If you can’t retrieve your stygia because your corpse is bugged (it’s there and shining but not clickable)… that’s an issue to me. 8 K stygia is a lot of time and effort. This to me shows that they just don’t really care all that much.