Lore regarding warlock pets

Succubi and Incubi can seduce anyone with their magic, regardless of sexual orientation. Their biological sex matters for their own reproduction, I’m sure.

1 Like

The first is nothing more than the male form of the second. There really is no lore at all regarding players’ demonic pets. Theorectically the Stormwind/Orgirmmar/Darnassus Gaurds should be all over you for towing them inside city limits, but gaming considerations override that.

Blizzard is just cottoning to the fact that women play warlocks as well. I have still however yet to see a female among their NPC ranks though. The male demon is not an option that’s enabled by default though, you still have to get a glyph made by a player to have it.

There are 4 in their class hall, one of which is also in their quest line to get the green fire glyph (Jubeka Shadowbreaker). Overall, it does seem to be a male-dominated class, though and I did roll a male lock despite being female irl, so I may be just as guilty.

1 Like

Fixed that with a trip to the Barber Shop, I presume?

Since Vanilla, there have been female warlocks. There’s a named female orc one in Arathi that’s the objective of a quest that comes immediately to mind. The Shadow Council area of Felwood has female warlocks IIRC.

Female warlocks (or members of most classes) do seem less frequent than males, but they do exist. Hidden away in corners of quest areas.

3 Likes

I’d like to think that I’m as perceptive as my character but in real life I’m more like this.

2 Likes

If it helps you any, the only reason I even recall that very specific female orc warlock (Marez Cowl, I had to look the name up, it was driving me crazy) is having stumbled upon her in-game (she’s still around in Arathi) on an alt.

I mean, the overall sentiment of under-representation of female characters is still valid. If the best I can come up with is an old group quest (that’s no longer group) to kill a named NPC for existing? You’re still pretty damn close to the mark.

3 Likes

According to a tweet compilation created by Wowhead, one employee is quite proud of how Ardenweald is 50/50 split between male and female characters, so the issue you’re talking about is indeed very real.

3 Likes

There’s literally female warlocks in Stormwind. I’m positive there’s one in Silvermoon too.

I never thought of Warlocks as particularly Male dominated. Maybe Mages and Priests and Paladins have hints of such gender roles, depending on the Race. But Warlocks seem to be more open in that regard.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s talking about lore, just the ratio of male and female Warlock NPC’s in this game. I don’t know about that either. I haven’t counted.

1 Like

In general the ratio of male to female NPCs is a bit out of wack. And that isn’t even counting all the races they neglected to make a female model for.

6 Likes

That’s pretty cool but how would a Warlock know who to use the Incubus or Succubus against? For example, if there is some female enemy, I just summon an Incubus and tell the Incubus to seduce the female enemy?

in LOTR online you literally can not make a female dwarf, nor do you encounter any.

Or count on the succubus to pull out her inner Bi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A weaker man would quote the movies here. But not me. Not today.

1 Like

A old school gamer would belt out the line that Female Dwarves are Males in drag.

I was going to say ALL dwarves have beards, hence why you can’t tell ‘em apart :wolf: