Lore Question: Has there been any Black Elves in the Lore?

Has there been any different kind of Black Skin Elf within the Lore/Story?

I’m curious because knowing the Fact there are some High Elves within Dalaran and Stormwind having Half Elf Children. Could the Half Elf Children be Black?

Same Question can go with San’layn too. Has there been any Black Skin Vampire Elves? :thinking:

17 Likes

Well, the Night Elves and the Nightborne are both quite dark, obviously.

But assuming you’re talking about High/Blood Elves, no. Elves tend to have a fairly narrow range of skin tones, and the Thalassians are pale.

San’layn, in true vampire fashion, are somehow even more pale than their already pale base race, so that’s also a no.

I suppose a half-elf could have whatever skin tone their human parent might have, but there are no examples of that.

6 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, San’layn have always been Blood/High Elves and they are pale. The closest to dark skinned Elves are probably some tints of the NE and Nightborne skins, though that would be a dark purple.

If you mean the human equivalent, ie. dark brown, I don’t think any elven group have had that particular shade. A half elf child might be able to have a brown coloration due to a human parent having dark skin as they have been a thing in wow.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any, but introducing another race into their blood could change that. If a pale High Elf got with a Maghar or a Dark Iron. The offspring might be ugly as sin, but it could make black/brown skinned elves.

The only half-elves that exist in lore are Arator and the children of the deceased Rhonin and Valeria Windrunner.

I assume you’re asking about a pure elf strain with Negro type skin. So far, not counting Drow, the only fantasy world that’s featured them is Golarion, the home setting of the Pathfinder RPG.

1 Like

The ones in Teldrassil?

17 Likes

Night Elves are not Black seeing as how they have Purple, Blue, and Very Pink Skin.

1 Like

There’s also Alodi, the First Guardian of Tirisfal.

2 Likes

Between elf prettiness and orc, uh… “ruggedness”, they’d probably just end up looking like a human, if you ask me.

I think he was making a joke about charred corpses, in true edgelord fashion.

3 Likes

Stop.

2 Likes

Yeah this is about the short of it.

Theoretically you might be able to have an individual with elf ancestry and a skin tone associated with real life African ethnicity, but we don’t have any examples.

You can actually play one right now, even. Because Alodi, who is one half of all half-elf adult characters in the lore, is represented by a normal human model despite his parentage. So there is precedent for half-elf half-human individuals to have an appearance leaning primarily towards the human side of their genetics. And then you could just make your human character black and say he’s half-elf leaning towards human.

1 Like

Delete this immediately.

2 Likes

Elves seem to mutate easier, and they have had far longer on Azeroth than Humans. If there are Black Humans native to Stranglethorn, there should be Black Elves too. At least be consistent.

Also, where are the Black Gnomes? They are genetically exactly the same as Humans.

1 Like

Humans would arguably have more genetic reasons, but Elves seem to be more magically influenced with regards to colors.

Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Worgen, Forsaken, and Vykrul are all the same genetically so they should all have Black people if any do. They were all Titan robots that were turned into flesh by Yogg-Saron.

Maybe Yogg-Saron just hates Black People?

3 Likes

Skin color differences are from mutation. Certain colors are better for different regions.

Isn’t it some kind of giant magic cube?

The movie does not portray the in-game lore. You can basically consider it a completely universe all together.
So no, it’s not. Alodi was a male half-elf (Though portrayed in-game with only a human model, they need to make new models for half breeds).

1 Like

As Murphio notes, that’s just some weird aspect of the movie where Alodi is some woman in a cube. In Warcraft, he’s a half-elf and the first Guardian of Tirisfal.

The woman was a projection for Khadgar’s benefit, I think.