Lore Q&A is a gloatfest

Personally I think they believe that since they love the characters themselves they know precisely how to write each and every one of them, which is clearly an issue since they state Christie Golden as being this amazing hire that pushing thier story further. In my opinion she does little respect for Warcraft already established characters, and contaminates the story with her very strong political views that don’t belong in game.

They probably shouldn’t have tried to do this with a focus on Lore, it’s a very touchy subject right now. Not saying I don’t like them doing more but other topics would’ve been much appreciated.

2 Likes

It felt like they said “dont buy the books, we dont care about what those writers write, we do our own stuff”

1 Like

That’s pretty much all Blizzard “Q&A’s” are anymore.

They’re very protective of their creative employees in case you guys didn’t notice. I don’t think they will ever open the door for players to have any sort of impact on the creative process- they have it locked down tight.

What I will say is this. Instead of just saying “that was a waste of time, or that was useless” please suggest what you would have rather seen happen whether you would have liked a Q&A format, or a Top 10 Things about the BfA story, or whatever. Or… just keep complaining I guess, but chances are they won’t bother doing anything outside of a Q&A once every few months.

Just remember the first part though. They aren’t going to let players write the lore or anything like that any time soon.

2 Likes

I took it more as “These outside sources are much better writters than we are, so we’re proud that we’re better now by bringing them”, regardless of how bad the story is now.

I would have liked to see anyone other than that dude that RPs as Nathanos. How is that for a start?

3 Likes

Come on Blizzard, you can’t really be proud of that non-Q&A, can you?

1 Like

It’s kind of like when you go to ‘That Meeting’… that could have been handled via email… yeah that is what it feels like.

1 Like

I guess it would have been better to see how they think and how they view these characters. It literally felt like I eavesdropped on two people talking to each other.

Like when you were in your room talking to your friends as a teen and your mom came in. Intrusive to say the least.

1 Like

Oh this is easy.

1. Start with a clear purpose. Nobody knew what the purpose of this chat was or what it was for.

2. Nobody asked for it. It was useless to the community. Blizzard said “join us” and then had us watch two people who didn’t answer any questions or acknowledge anything the community has been talking about, so there’s no “join”. More like “watch us.” And what people saw was irritating and irrelevant. Especially since, one can presume, this is Blizzard’s way of washing its hands of the community yet again. Upholding their obligation to the customers in some imaginary way that we have no say over.

2 Likes

I get they didn’t want to give up any spoilers, but they didn’t do anything to address players concerns over the direction of the story. All they did was reiterate things we already know, and discuss cinematics we’ve seen many times. They spent more time stroking each others egos than actually communicating with their audience. If this is the format they wish to use for lore discussions then it would be a waste to do any more of these. If I hadn’t been watching from work this would have been a total waste of an hour of my life.

1 Like

Are you kidding me? Since when do they listen to anything the player base says…

1 Like

That’s what it looked like they said. So now be sure to let others in game know about what he said. Don’t want players to waste money on books that have no connection to the game story. Also sounds like there gonna retcon more stuff now.

The story used to be written by players as well, they used to play the game with the rest of us.

3 Likes

The problem with this stream was that it was advertised as a lore-centric stream. We found out nothing about anything we don’t already know, and the discussion wasn’t even centered on lore. If it had a center at all (which it didn’t really seem like it did) it would’ve had to have been cinematics and how they develop them.

More streams are nice, but not if they accomplish essentially nothing.

8 Likes

Would have been more fun watching paint dry then listen to the stream. Knowing now what was talked about. Twitch needs a thumbs down option for streams.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a Q&A… they didn’t answer a single questions.

It was a Behind the Scenes where two of the guys who do cinematics patted each other on the back for an hour.

One thing I did get out of this based on when TG giggled at various points. I believe Saurfang will be killed off by the end of this expac.

1 Like

this is just them testing the waters. since it seems some people take streamers word as LAW they wanted to try and get a following that will spread their messages.
also they did not add a tip link YET but you know it is a possability since they seem money hungry.

Im confused on your whole point here my friend.