Loot Trading Encourages More Ninja Looting

Make your own group? Play with literally anyone else? Nothing is discouraging you from grouping with strangers, except for your irrational fear that they’re going all roll need and give your gear away. Dude, it’s not going to happen. And no, comparing it to current WoW isn’t absurd BECAUSE IT’S THE SAME PLAYERS. Seriously, if it was going to be this huge problem that you’re expecting it to be, don’t you think it would be an extremely common occurrence on the live game before they introduced personal loot?

If you have this much distrust in everyone else, I’m not sure a co-op multiplayer game is the direction you want to go.

Loot does not matter in Modern WoW, you replace it in a week.

For the time that I was playing Legion I had a few legendary items and full epics… I could not tell you the name of a single Item and I genuinely did not care what those items actually were…

All that I looked at was the item level and the secondary / primary stats…

Absolutely no care was given outside of that, and I doubt I am the only one that felt that way.

Classic WoW is an entirely different game; the loot matters and it’s kinda obvious you’re either not remembering how valuable loot was or you just did not play then to know that.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t matter, they only gate the entire game behind getting to an arbitrary level of gear. Yeah, definitely can’t see any reason that people wouldn’t have a reason to want to abuse loot rules in 5 mans when they’re using them to gear up enough for the next step in progression.

People use dungeons to gear up in Modern WoW??

How else do you expect to do it?

You don’t just hit the level cap and get handed a set of gear, you still have to go do stuff and get it. This is also assuming that you’re not coming into it next year when all the catch ups are put into the game, because of the top-heavy nature of it being an MMO.

Did you even bother to play Legion? They shower you in epics and legendaries from start to finish…

Heck you could totally skip dungeons and just go straight to LFR if you wanted a free ride to starter gear.

BG’s and arena are also options for gearing too…

The fact that people do Dungeons outside of M+ for anything other than lulz is comical given just how quickly you can gear literally anywhere.

We’re getting drrrrrraenei toooo in classic. Get over it

You understand that raid finder REQUIRED a minimum ilevel that you didn’t get from just leveling, you had to actually play the game. And then the same exact thing in BfA.

Again, this is assuming you’re not coming in after a year when catch-ups have to be implemented on gearing.

The world daily quests provided that item level in spades.

Allow loot trading with loot that was distributed through master loot. Disallow it for rolls.

Seems very obvious to me.

No they didn’t. Some drops would, but it would take extremely long to get a full set of gear. Nobody serious about getting into raiding was going to just sit around and wait, when they could just do 5 mans and get the gear they need. Seriously, stop, until you actually play the beginning of an expansion.