Loot Sharing Solutions?

My thoughts on Loot Sharing is allow it within the raid environment for that accidental Ooops moment. I’d rather have a hard stance of ‘tough luck’ for 5-man dungeons even if it means some heartache but keeps it outta Classic. Other ideas?

1 Like

Just scrap it and do like vanilla

5 Likes

Keep it in 5 mans. Blacklist 2 ninjalooters instead of 1. Easy

Remove loot sharing completely. Have no GM assistance on transfering items. If you missclick you live with the result.

8 Likes

Get rid of it AND tickets.

No loot trading and no GM loot support is the only sensible option.

5 Likes

The argument Ion made for loot trading is that it prevents ninja looting, but I don’t see how. If the ninja looter wanted you to have the item he would not have ninjaed it in the first place. He’s not going to trade it to you just because the option exists.

3 Likes

No, it prevents tickets from master looters mislooting an item. That’s where loot trading comes from. I think guilds need better loot masters and no tickets. I bet a ML will mess up once and never again. In all the years I’ve been a ML for a raid I’ve never once mislooted an item. It’s not a super common issue but I think removing support altogether (meaning no trading as well) will cause people to be more careful in their looting.

Ion specifically mentioned ninja looters. He did not mention master looting accidents.

Skip to 40 mins. He says master loot. He actually says it in a way that doesn’t have anything to do with ninjas. A ninja wouldn’t say they looted it by accident to a gm.

1 Like

I stand corrected. I remembered only the ninja looting part.

Exactly this. Classic needs to stay exactly like classic.

2 Likes