Loot council is superior to DKP/MS Open Roll/Casual

Master looter != Loot council

Tons of guilds use master looter and then have a roll off or use DKP.

It is very possible to loot council in retail WoW. The top progression guilds force hybrid specs to roll a certain spec and if they get an item (e.g. DPS trinket), they would then give it to a main DPS’er.

Strange that you mentioned sub retention, because the recent spike of subs was due to Classic without the garbage known as personal loot.

2 Likes

personal loot debunked the need for progression related gearing.

if you think people joined classic so their GM could ninja loot to himself and 9 other people then you are

You can loot council pieces that the raider who has rewarded the piece DID NOT WANT.

DKP is also inferior to personal loot. Glad you brought it up. Again, glad, they removed it was a terrible option not AS BAD as loot council

This is going to be my last post you are terribly mis informed and chances are a terrible player

Loot drama was one of the defining experiences of Vanilla WoW.

Then you don’t know the workings of a top tier progression guild. They split their raid into alts with mains. The alts are stacked to whatever the mains are and roll for gear. Whatever gear they get, they will funnel to the main. That’s loot council.

Nah you’re just an uninformed person who confused loot council/DKP with master loot/group loot/personal loot.

1 Like

Ninja council* There i fixed that for you.

When they’re in gearing mode, when they’re in progression mode they bring mains, because progression. Of course it’s pretty common for people in high end guilds to have multiple bis alts.

Nothing about player retention in our recruitment post. We leave it open for our members to put in a complaint if they feel they’re getting cut on gear and we address it like adults. That’s part of the problem with the community is that they’re out for themselves when raiding is about everyone coming together to complete a task as a team.

I’m the GM and the RL of my guild and you wanna know what I told our LC about feeding T2 tier Hunter loot?

“Give it to our other Hunter”

I’m not gonna pretend that LC is a perfect system. But I’m here to play with my friends. I could leave the raid for months and be happy with no loot as long as we’re completing our current goal. Be it clearing the raid or progressing through a new one

1 Like

As long as the boss dies, does it really matter?

I think it does. Players making big plays to help their community should get strong pieces. Players doing just enough should also get loot, but not power pieces right off the bat.

Just enough is clearly enough if the boss dies. Let’s not pretend Classic raiding is hard. Making “big plays” quickly escalates to e-peen swinging. Just because the top guilds can clear BWL in 45 minutes doesn’t mean everyone else should feel pressured to as well.

Has nothing to do with being pressured to clear BWL in 45 minutes. My guild took around 3 weeks to kill Nef for the first time. And during that process, we’ve had people that decided to do the extra things that helps them perform better. And doing so by their own choice.

We aren’t hardcore and has nothing to do with epeen swinging. It’s rewarding the effort put in to making the run better and smoother.

Good for them. Just remember different types of people raid. Some truly enjoy min maxing and squeezing out every possible DPS point. Others like BSing with their guild on Discord while killing raid bosses. They aren’t a top tier player but still do the best they can. Neither player is wrong.

DKP still benefits the hard core player more. They are going to attend every single raid night. This means they will get more DKP compared to the laid back player that some times calls out because they have other things going on.

Just don’t see it. DKP seems more like an unneeded extra step in giving out loot and also seems succeptible to hoarding points which can lead to other issues. Not shaming people who use it though.

It’s the difference between the power to the people or the power to the government. I prefer the latter in the scenario of loot distribution.

The more points you hoard, the more you ultimately spend. Plus most guilds using DKP also have a built in decay over time to prevent too much hoarding.

Loot council might be ideal if you had a group of 100% fair and unbiased people. Unfortunately those people don’t exist in the real world.

Well because “fair” is a way people perceive the situation of what loot should go to where. It goes both ways. During LC we had a Lock that showed up to our earlier MC runs. Golemagg went down, dropped a Mageblade. Went to someone who had been in the raid longer. That player in question went on to say that LC is stupid and left the run and guild. And that was that players first run.

This has been the most common occurrence I’ve seen when utilizing a LC for our runs. It happened both in Classic and Retail. It due to these incidents that have formulated this mentality about people who vehemently hate LC guilds.

2 Likes

With DKP, the person who had been raiding longer would have still got the Mageblade without the hurt feelings.

Can’t say that with 100% certainty though. At the end of the day, that player in question thought that loot was going to be rained on them the first day just for showing up. Which isn’t what I’m looking for when finding new raid team members.

Maybe so, but DKP is 100% objective and unbiased. You either have the points to bid or you don’t. You choose if you want to bid or pass. There is zero favoritism or prejudice involved. Drama queens are still gonna drama, but at least they can’t complain about loot.

1 Like

everyone automatically assumes a corrupted or super biased LC.

ill do the same, existing DKP guild carries over without decay and the MT rolls and takes EVERYTHING cuz hes been here the longest and needs vendor gold.

also the DKP guild class collusion and point hoarding.

1 Like

0 favortism or prejudice doesn’t automatically equate to 0 drama or to me, ideal loot management. I’m sure DKP guilds have their fair share of drama too.

You want players that work for free to fuel you and your friends. No amount of narrative can change that.