Loom Weapons to use for Brew/MW alt?

Basically, the title. I’m looking at Google and the information varies by the date I read.

Way back before I took a break, I think all Monk specs could choose either dual-wield or 2 hand staffs and such.

Now I’m not so sure. However, I’m getting Loom gear ready to be enchanted and whatnot (bc I like to go absolutely overboard in leveling dungeons) and I’m not sure what to use.

It looks like dual-wield for Mistweaver and 2-hander Staves for Brew? Does this sounds right?

Thanks.

i use the small mace and tome for mw and stave for bm

1 Like

Sounds like a good set-up.

But, I’m asking what can I use? Like do I have the option to either dual-wield OR 2-hand with both Brewmaster and Mistweaver?

Only 2h polearm or staff

Same 2h, but also 1h and offhand as well.

Is the only one that dual wields

1 Like

Thanks! This is exactly what I wanting to know.

Now to figure out an enchant that will be beneficial for both Tanking and Healing as I would like to go between the two while leveling to get a grip on how the abilities function.

…hmm

The problem with that is the primary stat doesn’t change, you will want 2 different weapons. I will tell you this, brewmaster sucks in the lower lvls until about the 70s.

1 Like

Hmm, yeah was just thinking about that. I don’t have a heirloom offhand. I got all of my looks in Cata and just recently came back to the game. I could pick on up but I’m not sure how useful their gonna be since they getting nerfed/changed next patch.

Might just do MW leveling with the Staff of Jordan and Machinist Brilliance.

Only the xp gain is getting nerfed, but the speed of which you level will be pretty quick.
They have already said they are looking at giving other benefits, like combat boosts, movement speed, etc which effectively will be increased xp gain anyway in a roundabout way.

However think of it this way gear that lvls with you and not having to worry about replacing.

Nah do the elemental enchant from cata, does a lot of dmg, with getting soothing mist so early your healing will already be op.

this 100% i die on almost every pull in leveling dungeons with full looms

Yeah, I just came back to WoW after being gone since WoD and I joined a new server to play with my homies, so, in the past few months I leveled a Holy Pally and Resto Shaman thru Dungeon Finder and I cringe Everytime I get a Brewmaster because I have to spend every global pumping heals into them.

I didn’t know this until now though. I even asked a couple of them if they maybe didn’t have mitigation abilities yet or maybe if they are forgetting to use them…I’ll try to be nicer to them from now on.

What are Brew Monks lacking that makes them so squish?

1 Like

Well since we lack real self healing we rely heavily on the azerite systems to fill in the gaps for the most part.

I think one of the reasons is no mastery, low agility (since this is what stagger is based on), their active mitigation only helps newer dungeon design but doesn’t help prevent dmg from the enemy, and lets not forget the no real self healing.

As you get higher lvl though you will notice brews get easier to heal. At max lvl, a well played brew is the easiest tank to heal for.

1 Like

Makes sense. Blizz should smooth out the rough levels somehow.