Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

Because they are creating false scarcity, they did the same with stuff they removed from the store

People have more urge to buy an item if said item is getting removed, so people that didnt plan on getting it any time soon now may have the urge to expend money to get it since it will be gone.

Its a well know tactic used by companies.

Theres also the fact that there was no previous announcement of being a temporary mount (Which should have been made clear from the very beginning of BFA) and thats getting removed when the similar mounts like Mammoth and Yak (or the other expensive one the Spider) didnt got that treatment

10 Likes

You really think that would have made a difference ? I think all that would happen is that people would be outraged at the start of the expansion rather than now and a bunch of outrage at the start of an expansion isn’t all that great for business.

^^^^ that right there ^^^^^

If you want to buy it that’s your prerogative but you are not forced to buy it.

1 Like

Assuming everyone spends their money biweekly on WoW tokens the price of said tokens will plummet faster then you can say Brutosaurusmount.

2 Likes

All these people acting like they were going to buy it and acting outraged because blizzard is forcing them to spend hundreds of dollars.
This has got to be one of if not the most ridiculous thing gd has got upset about

1 Like

I know, but if they plan on removing it later on it should have been clear from day 1, or they shouldn’t remove it in the first place cause theres no reason AT ALL to do so

Plus doing stuff like that (leaving bad new for later) is plain scummy, and they have done it in the past to evade bad reviews, a clear example is Crash Team Racing

1 Like

Never knew this thing existed until the tears began to flow.

Its a fairly rare mount due to how expensive the thing is

I’m never going to think removing things from the game is okay. Especially when they apparently had no intention of telling us they were going to be taking this out.

2 Likes

They might not have made that decision until recently. Can’t hardly expect them to tell you 14 months ago when they didn’t know they were going to do this.

Bad decision anyway.

If everyone is spending $40 on tokens every 2 weeks, token gold value will plummet.

That is a great point I had not considered. While I too said this was for token sales, I have actually changed my mind.

I believe this is to be retaining subs in the content drought now. From what we can see they need to make the 8.3 raid last. And last. And last. And it will not. At some point people just check out. I think EP is there now.

This gives them a new goal to try to retain those subs in the downtime.

Just my thoughts though.

2 Likes

Which is probably one of their goals so people can afford subs with gold still.

Token prices will go down by themselves, as they always have.

It’s bad math for the company. I have no idea what drove such a low IQ move but it’s bad.

Sure, some small percent will grow a little larger and a lot of tokens are going to sell. The profits they’ll never see are the players who look at that and either leave or never stick around.

They need a better message to the board. Make more customers not more dollars. That should be the message. More customers will work out the dollars.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’re going for dramatics or sympathy but either way quit posting your troubles on a game forum.

You don’t like to hear my issues? What kind of free therapy are you?!

Or you can just unsub and spend $560 on 9 entire games better than WoW.

8 Likes

If you can’t control your basic urge to pay for meaningless stuff when you can’t afford it idk what to tell you bud

1 Like