Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

Well, because it’s boring me to tears, I don’t play it much. I do plug away at it in the hope that things will get better eventually.

I dunno, seems to me an extinct species fits very well with the afterlife. :wink:

I’m really glad you were able to get yours. :+1:

I was way too far behind for any sort of loan. I ended up loaning my gold to my sister so she could buy something (not a brutosaur, but I forget what it was).

1 Like

I think Long Boi is too late to be added back now.

If the reasoning was removing it because they wanted the AH to be “rare”.
(By rare we mean 2-3 beside the Mailbox in Oribos at all hours)

Then they should add another Brutosaur without an AH that’s more accessible.

1 Like

It’s a great model. I’m surprised they didn’t have a smaller one somewhere.

1 Like

Man this isn’t even a fair representation of how the bmah works. Good for that person that got lucky and won a brutosaur mount for 5 mil. I’m sure there’s been many servers it’s gold capped or Atleast went for more than 5 mil. Bmah is server based by the way.

The problem is the model is limited. I would not mind a different skin and color, same model mind you, being added back into the game, and minus the vendors as well. The model is what everyone seems to want. I could care less for the vendors. People want the longboi model though, and adding another long boi of a different skin and color would only tarnish the model collectively a bit, but taking away the vendors would preserve that.

That is what i feel should happen. The official dev post even hints that is why they are being taken away. They want the vendors to remain rare, not the model. I mean, even so, why not just have that specific model and skin and vendors be rare? I mean, let’s say they added a red long boi with no vendors and it is still expensive but with no deletion date. It isn’t going to devalue the other longboi with vendors in any way for the most part. The color of that old model with the vendors will be unique, and i will still be like, dang. Those dudes had gold capped on multi toons to get that version of the long boi. The red one will be a less rare version of the same model. The other players will also have a prestige for having the old model skin, as well as being able to brag about how they have vendors on it while most other players do not.

To go back to what i mean back then, the models of the old traveler tundra mammoths are not rare today. But, their are multiple skins of the same model of traveler tundra mammoth. The only one with vendors is the traveler’s tundra mammoth, and 16 -20 k gold, depending on your status reputation with the kirin’ tor faction, is dirt cheap today. None of these mounts are rare now though, except maybe the grand black one off the vault of archavon instance, at like a 5 percent drop i think off all bosses in there. Every other one is a gold sink.

I do not see why blizzard doesn’t just take a similar stance on this with the long boi, and just make the skin of the specific model and the vendors themselves rare, and not the model itself being rare. Because as it stands, the model is also unique, and i personnaly do not agree with this. I feel the respective skin of the long boi model and the accompanying vendors should be rare, not the entire model.

Interesting tid bit about the old traveler mammoth mounts, is that early on they used to count as vehicles, which was interesting. I never could afford them until after the changes, and they were still pretty rare all throughout wrath. So basically, they were vehicles for a while, and were nice because if you died falling off a cliff, the mount itself would die, and you would be fine. They also could carry flag carriers in warsong gulch, which was a little op. And people would be attacking the mount itself and not you. So some interesting history with the traveler mammoths as well.

1 Like

I mean, for me, it makes me wonder what a classic legion server or a classic battle for azeroth server would look like. Inflation was absolutely absurd in wod, and i had decent gold. Then in legion i was all of a sudden broke, as 100 k gold was nothing for some reason. So stupid. Majority of peeps running around with a long boi had majority of their gold from this expansion alone.

I mean, a classic legion or classic bfa server or really any server would just reset all assets, including gold in the game. I never understood why blizzard did not just do a hard reset of everything post wod. Inflation was hella bad that expansion, like to the point where gold was worth nothing anymore at that point. That is how bad it was.

So popping back in… can someone catch me up? How much is it listed for on the BMAH? How much has it been going for?

5 mil on the BMAH.

Haven’t seen how high the bids go yet on my server (haven’t even been trying) but I’d generally assume much higher then initial listing.

1 Like

Coming in patch 9.2 everyone with the Night Fae!! (yes, bit of a necro here!)

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-soulshapes-in-patch-9-2-brutosaur-pig-and-dragonhawk-souls-325240?webhook

Scroll down for the delicious Brutosaur soul!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/389411793736433667/918959850795442186/1045072.jpg

While it’s not quite the original Longboi, it’s close enough!

Check out that macro:
https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=189980/brutosaur-soul#comments

2 Likes

how come it to espansave i say on u balisard , if u wanna get alot player to love WOW game than make it 500 , 506 , 501 gold in vender u pick ! optins

2 Likes

Oh, yay! I’m Night Fae!

I still want a mount (without vendors) but this is a step in the right direction.

Wait wait wait wait… Brutosaur soul… are they saying all the Brutosaurs are actually extinct now :stuck_out_tongue:

Fun fact: this hasnt’ been observed in the BMAH rotation since the July 14th “add it to the crate” hotfix.

The most we’ve heard is that someone with knowledge of the intent of the hotfix saying that the bruto should still be in the rotation and the intent was to merely add him to the crate. The statement lacked certainty by a mile, and it has yet to show up anywhere in the rotation since then. We’re well beyond the “it’s just bad RNG” point. Someone at Blizzard needs to actually put it back in the rotation or at the very least state with CERTAINTY that it’s still there.

3 Likes

More stupid crap Blizz is doing to kill the fun.

1 Like

Are you new to the game? Lol

Why am I not remotely surprised.
I’m still hoping they’ll make another (non-AH) model easily available sometime. I know, my picture is in the dictionary next to the entry for optimist.

3 Likes

just a tip if you really want the mount, as soon you see it on the BMAH go for the gold cap or else you wont get it.

Point being that one has to see it on the BMAH. My understanding is it hasn’t been seen on there since July.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s gone dark since July 14th’s “add it to the crate” hotfix. Even the TSM developer stepped in a couple weeks ago and verified that it hasn’t been seen anywhere.

With that said, it looks like it’s at least dropping in the crates since DFA saw it obtained 11/20. https://www.dataforazeroth.com/collections/mounts/1039/mighty-caravan-brutosaur

But as far as the rotation goes, it’s gone and the only thing we’ve heard from Blizzard is someone who had knowledge of the hotfix saying the intention of the hotfix was to add it to the crate and not remove it from the rotation, but it was stated without a level of certainty and sounded more like a “I think this is how it works but haven’t checked” statement.

2 Likes

lucky me got it before they removed, best investment so far, i recovered the gold in like 3 months

1 Like