Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

That’s only if it doesn’t start at 5 mil. The other mounts on there are drop mounts or were otherwise achievable through gameplay before they were retired. The bruto is the first gold sink that will be on there.

1 Like

I’m not so sure that Blizz won’t link the BMAH to all realms, so it won’t matter what realm you’re on when you bid. I think it would be great if mounts like the Brutosaur actually went for less than cap, but I’m not holding my breath. There’s also the issue of when and how often the Brutosaur will show up. They said it was moving to the BMAH, but they never said when. Call me pessimistic, I guess.

3 Likes

The pre-expansion notes say it’s moving to the BMAH with the pre-patch.

But they’re also changing the BMAH so it’s only usable by max level characters.

1 Like

Oh, that’s not going to be too popular of a change for those that play the AH on multiple servers.

I noticed that, too. I wonder how much of a problem that’s going to be for folks. The real question I have though, is am I still max level when the patch hits and I’m squished to 50?

And then, when Shadowlands drops, no one can use the BMAH until they hit 60? So, maybe the folks who say the MCB will be cheaper on the BMAH are right, because people aren’t all going to level up at the same time. But of course, we have no idea when the MCB will show up on the BMAH, or how often. Twice a year (for instance) will help it remain “exclusive”-- and keep the price up.

I’m still hoping for a non-AH model on the vendors. I don’t need a mobile AH, but I really would like to earn a sauropod mount.

1 Like

I said this in my post, about the starting bid being important and that it could be 5 mil, but I give it a low chance.

Indeed, bruto is first mount that has a vendor price on there.

1 Like

This doesn’t make much sense, why would they link the BMAH to all realms?

Obviously, if it happens, it’ll drive up most stuff to gold cap, but I find it unreasonable, atm we have around 90 BMAH per region, and we always had BMAH separate depending on realms throughout mop, wod, legion and bfa, that’s a big and sudden jump, isn’t it?

And yes, obviously the max level restriction is gonna help keeping the price low, less people raising the price with gold on trial characters or on level 1s.

1 Like

Why did they link horde and alliance AH’s? Why have they merged servers (and their respective AH’s)? Why does Blizz do anything?

I’m not a programmer, but I suspect everything they’ve done with the AH has been to make it run more efficiently for them. The reason they’re moving the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur to the BMAH isn’t to make it more “exclusive”, it’s to keep the AH running smoothly even when folks are accessing it from everywhere.

Believe me, if merging the AH’s (BMAH or regular ones) makes the AH’s run more efficiently (with less human oversight), Blizz will do it in a heartbeat. However, if merging them is too much trouble for little return, they won’t bother.

1 Like

Better for the realm economy, especially as all the items are used by the realms’ inhabitants. This was done years and years ago.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people are missing the biggest issue with BMAH, rotation schedule. The starting price doesn’t really matter, but if I had to guess it’ll be 20k like other mounts but I very much doubt it will sell for that little, or even under 5 mil.

The real issue is that all items on BMAH are rotated, people are making out like longboi will be available day 1 on all BMAH. It’s going to be a very rare event so it might be weeks or months until you see the first longboi show up on your local BMAH.

And considering Blizzard’s whole point of removal is that they don’t want a lot of these roaming around, I don’t think they’re going to be very generous with how often they add the mount to the BMAH.

Why would someone who has the gold not just buy it now? well a lot of folks quit during BFA and are just coming back now and this will be their only opportunity to get it.

Additionally for new goblins to the game, their goal might still be to acquire long boi, but the difference is now they’ll need to farm up gold cap and then patiently wait for Blizzard to put it up in the BMAH rotation on their server and then hope they’re the first to bid for it.

Yeah you might luck out and get one on a low pop server, but I seriously think folks are underestimating just how hard it’ll be to get this.

It’s a very rare mount, that (to the right people) has a lot of value in its use and it’s going to be available sporadically on random servers. Getting it on BMAH will be a feat within itself!

Now with all that said, don’t be down if you didn’t get it and your future chances aren’t looking so good. All of us who have played WoW since vanilla have been playing the game just fine without a longboi. Is it cool and handy to have? definitely, but just park a lowbie alt in your faction capital and mail your AH goods to them. That’s how we all did it for over a decade!

But if your hearts truly set on acquiring from 9.0 onwards then may the odds be in your favor!

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk!

5 Likes

Totally agree. All your points are well stated.

2 Likes

Just because he also thinks it’ll be hard to get?

Might want to point out that australian realms already updated and soon us realms will too and the BMAH was NOT linked, soon we’ll find out the starting price and the going price.

Those of us who are saying it might go for less on BMAH are aware of how it works and that it won’t be spawning every day, I assume like once per realm per region every 3 days or something along those lines.

Still I think it’s an interesting gamble; as I said I would, I got the mount in bags on an alt and can refund it for 1h 58 /played, so I’m excited to see what happens, if there wasn’t any problem with the mount’s implementation, across the 92 realms in eu and 83 in us there’s a big chance at least 1 spawns world wide the first day.

2 Likes

You are being overly optimistic imo, but hey, it’s fine by me if everyone can get it through the BMAH. I mean, Blizz specifically said they removed it from the vendor because they didn’t want to see an AH mount become as common as a repair mount, but that doesn’t mean they’ll limit its appearance in the BMAH, right? And once everyone else has it, I’ll be able to get it for almost nothing. :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

If you’re max level though. Right now and until early Castle Nathria releases, no one’s going to be 60, much less have 10M.

1 Like

Sorry bud.

2 Likes

I came to post the same thing. It’s almost as if a game dev saw this and said “nuh-uh” xD

2 Likes

Here’s the answer btw, this is ravencrest US, not sure about the population but I don’t think it’s particularly high pop, as I don’t recall it:

if you search BMAH tsm you should end up on tradeskill master and see there’s one on that realm atm, the first and it indeed took a 2-3 days, the result is we were partially right with our “bets”, the starting bid is 5 mil, it’s long, which means it’s already been in a few hours but no one bid yet, so I wonder if it’ll be even be sold to someone!

Ok, managed to upload one on imgur: here it is

`https://imgur.com/tTgkiiv

It’s obviously a shame cause I think it would’ve been interesting to bid to try and save some money but I’ll just learn mine in that case.

However you see as a first thing that 10 hours weren’t enough for a single bid (us realms reset at 8 a.m.), let alone gold cap?

2 Likes

That’s going to be the big question, since the bid starts at 5m. I almost think there may not be bidding wars over it, just people bidding and winning when they are able to get 5m.

1 Like

Obviously, the way to get this guy is to have 5 mil and jump on it now. Once everyone else is able to start bidding, it will go up higher. I don’t know that the MCB will end up going for gold cap by the end of the expansion, but I think if folks want this mount, they should bid on it sooner rather than later.

I’m a little curious though, how people play the AH for this. I mean, you have to have the gold on the character who’s bidding, right? So you can’t have a bunch of alts spread over all servers because they would all have to have 5 mil gold. If you’re that good at gold farming, you’re already going to have bought this mount from the vendor on day one of BfA.

1 Like

Additionally those alts need to be max level to access the BMAH as well. Which was another recent change.

It will be interesting to see the frequency of how often the mount shows up on BMAH going forward. But I would be surprised if it was as frequent as 2-3 days per realm given their stated reason for removing it from the game in the first place.

Regardless of which way they take it moving forward it’s still a feat to get the mount.

Firstly you need to have a max level toon to access the BMAH for each server it might be on and now we know the starting bid is 5 mil gold.

1 Like