Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1

heh the good old “i heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a trusted source” :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

And now we can say “I read it in the forums from a guy who heard it from a friend, who had heard it from a friend, who had heard it from a trusted source”

1 Like

Seems legit!

The only compromise I could understand, and I still find the removal of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur unacceptable, is if you offered a multi-seat Brutosaur mount in it’s place without the vendor/AH and for a far lesser sum of gold, about 1 million MAX. Similar to how the Mammoth was treated in Wrath of the Lich King. That way, people can still get a cool Brutosaur mount. Do I still want the original Mighty Caravan Brutosaur to be available for 5 million gold? Yes. I do, for several reasons I’ve already gone over and countless others have reinforced as well. But if you insist on taking it away, give me a cheaper recolor without the vendors and, while that won’t make it right, will make it more palatable.

9 Likes

Sadists mostly.

3 Likes

Gotta boost them quarterlies!

3 Likes

I can guarantee I didn’t have it before but now I do lol It’s funny it has the same effect as getting flying where I constantly forget that I have it now and don’t have to go back to a city anymore to go to the AH.

That I would like to see lol

First of all, no source to a non-existant statement. Trying to upset people is trolling my dude.

Second, a barber npc wouldnt work because every “barber npc” is a chair you click on that is positioned in just the right place as not to obscure yourself. Not to mention when you sit in a barber chair you phase out of the area and people can not see you until you leave the chair and you can not see them either.

So mechanically that creates multiple problems because of how the barber is set.

Its not the same as switching a reforging NPC with a Transmog NPC which all your interactions are done in a window. Barber is much more involved and they wouldnt re-write how the barber works for just a single mount.

So please, stop trolling.

16 Likes

My memory might be failing me but I’m pretty darn tooting sure there was a portal in that cave you’re sent to when you port to Thunder Bluff that sent you to HFP or Org but guess what’s not there anymore :slight_smile:

I came out of the DMF and was like, lemme just fly on up to my old faithful portal in this here cave to get back to Org. NOPE, flight path sir lol

4 Likes

The portal went to the other side of the Dark Portal, which was a pretty quick path to Org because you’d just go through that portal and there’s a portal to Orgrimmar right on the Horde side.

Do you have an actual source from blizzard that you can either quote (with reference) or link?

Because otherwise this is textbook trolling.

I’m leaning toward thinking Kurhtor was being sarcastic because I can’t imagine anyone would be dumb enough to believe this would ever happen.

I just wanted a brutosaur mount, but I’m betting the majority of players who bought this mount already, did it for the AH. As disgusted as I am about the mount being removed from the vendor, I can’t imagine the backlash if they took the AH off it.

4 Likes

Really you just need an engineer bank alt/seller for it. It is ridiculous how much time you have to waste to go to org. Especially with all the flying and space in zuldazar.

2 Likes

Well, ya know. Absolutely Working As Intended™

1 Like

Then again, this is blizzard we’re talking about…

Well, I just came across this thread…

Which, again, trying to figure out where these people keep getting this idea that the AH vendor is being removed from the mount because that has been said nowhere and yet people are acting like this is common knowledge.

I am checking every WoW news site thinking there was something I missed and coming up with nothing.

8 Likes

Since it’s the new week, it would be great if we could get some more official feedback. Especially with the rumor that’s cropped up about removing the special NPC.

4 Likes

Activision-Blizzard recently joined the ranks of the top most hated gaming companies next to pillars like EA and Take Two/2K/Rockstar. Hmmm I wonder why.

Something like this probably:

The decision to silently remove it without notice was a tough moment. We moved too quickly in our decision-making, and then, to make matters worse, we were too slow to talk with all of you. We didn’t live up to the high standards we set for ourselves. We are sorry and we accept accountability. We’ll do better going forward.

3 Likes

I rememeber when Blizzard said they were going to stop doing removals for mounts, etc (After the Naxxramas backlash) and yet, here they are. This punishes new arrivals to the game, and people who are just returning … UNLESS THEY BUY TOKENS to sell. No one else at that stage of the game will have the gold in time.

This is just another shifty Blizzard/Activision cash grab.

9 Likes