Looking to unlock Nightborne

So I just got back after having left a few weeks after burning crusade came out and made it clear raiding was the focus of the devs. There’s enough story content now that I’ve come back and want to give it all a go in mostly chronological order. Except for this race.

Having NOT used the boost yet, what do I need to do from where I am in order to start progressing with this race?

First you’re going to need to complete the Insurrection achievement, which requires going through the Suramar storyline quests. For this step the faction doesn’t matter, you can do it as Alliance or Horde, but you’ll need to be level 45 or higher.

There used to be reputation requirements, but those apparently have gone away.

Once you get the achievement, go to the embassy in Orgrimmar & complete the Nightborne recruitment quest chain. This has to be done on a Horde character (again, level 45 or higher).

Insurrection is the actual requirement, but there are some other things you need to do both to start it and also so you won’t get stuck on certain steps.

So, you’ll need to unlock Legion world quests. You do this by completing the quest “Uniting the Isles” from Khadgar in the Violet Citadel. The quest will be available at 45, however, you can work on the requirements before that. (On your first character, you have to get to friendly with each of the 5 zone factions, and you can do all but the Nightfallen before 45. Later characters just get a version of “Uniting the Isles” you can just turn back in.

You can start the Suramar storyline from Khagar in the Violet Citadel with “Magic Message.”

You’ll need to complete all the Suramar story achievements, as you’ll need to do one to unlock the next. There are some steps that are not solo friendly, but if you do them at 50+ you’ll get enough of an overlevel bonus that soloing them should be fine.

Nightfallen but Not Forgotten
Good Suramaritain
Insurection

Good Suramaritain is the least intuitive, as there are several sections you don’t get directly led towards. So, looking up a guide to see where the various quests are is helpful.

This guide covers all of Suramar, and you will basically need to do everything:

It’s probably easier to list the key things you don’t need to complete:

You do not need to do the quests that just say get to X rep with the Nightfallen.
You do not need to do the quests for the Suramar Dungeons.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing a Khagar in the citadel/ I’ve heard that ‘Chromie time’ sets the timeline for me to expansions, do I need to use that and go to the Legion expansion?

Chromie Time shouldn’t have an effect on the phasing in Dalaran. Make sure you are in the correct version of Dalaran. You want Broken Isles Dalaran, not the one in Northrend. (The portal in the portal room leads to the Nothrend one. For the Broken Isles, take the Aszuna portal and then you can use the nearby flightpath to fly to Dalaran.)

If you haven’t done anything in Legion, it’s probably best to do the intro to avoid any weirdness. (You’ll also get a Broken Isles specific Dalaran hearthstone which is handy.) Go to a Warchief’s Command board in Orgrimar and look for the “Broken Shore” option. That will start you on the Legion intro. Follow it through until you get “In the Blink of an Eye” which has you teleport Dalaran from Karazhan to the Broken Isles.

Once there, an NPC will track you down after a few minutes with the order hall questline. I’d do that through getting your first artifact and picking a questing zone from the scouting map. (While that’s not strictly necessary, doing the class hall intro will minimize the changes of bugs cropping up later on down the line.)

1 Like

I just did the Legion intro and got up to Keep your Friends Close and turned into the Illidari person, but I haven’t gotten a quest to go anywhere else from there. The wiki says I need to find an invasion? Is that right?

The next step in the quest chain is “In the Blink of an Eye” which should pop up automatically after completing “Keep Your Friends Close.”

If it didn’t, you can try flying out to Deadwind Pass and see if Dalaran is above Karazhan and see if you can pick it up there.

You can also try taking the Aszuna portal then flying to Dalarn from there to see if you can pick up the order hall quest line. (I’m seeing some stuff on wowhead saying that will “silently” complete “In the Blink of an Eye” for you. In that case, you’ll need to pick up a Dalaran Hearthstone from the Innkeeper in the Legermain Lounge. (But make sure that the order hall quest is available before getting the Dalaran Hearthsone from there — ride around Dalaran a bit and wait for the NPC to track you down.)

Question, is Withered Army still a requirement to unlock Nightborne or was that removed along with the rep grind requirement?

It’s been a while since I’ve done it, but I think you still have to do “Building an Army” which is the unlock for the “Withered Army Training” world quest. (You also can fail it immediately and still get credit for the quest, so it’s not a big deal.)

As I renewed Game Time recently, I’ve got created Nightborne Warlock some weeks ago, so I see enough for her to reached Level 50, and rewards their Heritage Armor for sure (Class Hall campaign awaits as I see Dungeons).