Looking to Free a Character Name

Hey!

I’m looking to transfer from Wyrmrest Accord to Moon Guard. A lot of my friends moved over and I want to go roleplay with them on MG. The issue is the name ‘Latios’ is taken and I was wondering if anyone knew the player who has the name/character ‘Latios’ on Moon Guard? I was wondering if they would be willing to give it up or something along those lines.

For context, Latios has been the only character I’ve roleplayed since I started playing WoW in 2009, in fact Latios was my first character. I was wanting to continue his roleplay on Moon Guard and of course I could without the name if needed, but it would very off putting for me.

Anyway, this is just a shot in the dark to see if maybe someone had an alt with the name they weren’t using.

Thanks for your time Moon Guard folks!

I don’t have the name or know anyone who has used it, but I wish you all the best! Names are damn important things.

If you’re not too terribly objecting to an accent mark, the ì and some others are pretty damn minimal on-screen.

Either way, good luck to you in your hunt!

Thank you! : D Hopefully I can find the owner of the character.

Have you considered a lure, or perhaps an incense?

All jokes aside, good luck friend

3 Likes

It looks like this character is too low a level to appear on armory searches. Someone’s probably saved the name and has been holding onto it. If their account has gone without subscription for some time, you MIGHT be able to appeal to Blizz for help via a ticket?

Explaining the emotional investment goes a long way to communicating your continued enjoyment of the game to them, especially as a roleplayer. Failing that, you could always use an RP add-on like TRP to have the name appear as Latios in /say, /e, and /yell.

2 Likes

No longer works, they stopped freeing names via ticket system some number of years ago.

2 Likes

Hate to be that person, but not true.

Yonli’s name was given to another player briefly when I let my subscription lapse during WOD. I didn’t pick back up until Legion. She was a level 1 placeholder that I couldn’t get a hold of the owner for. I opened a ticket, explained the situation, and got the name back.

1 Like

Ya know… that gives me some hope.

2 Likes

Always trying to give hope, poodle. <3

2 Likes

I opened a ticket and they told me there wasn’t anything they could do. I suppose I could open another one. shrug

Guess it depends on the situation one finds themselves in. Getting a name back after being gone for a while is a little bit different from getting a name when you weren’t on the server to begin with (which I imagine most will give you the same response, as that’s been their updated policy for a while now). Best of luck either way.

1 Like