Looking for World PvP?

Emerald dream was better when it was a real pvp server

2 Likes

It was primarily due to how zone interactions worked. See, one thing people forget about PvP servers is that it wasnā€™t ā€œPvP flag enabled at all times.ā€ It was based off of the zone you were in. They were categorized under Alliance Territory, Horde Territory, and Contested Territory.

Being in Horde Territory would automatically flag all Alliance in that zone as hostile and attackable, Horde on the other hand werenā€™t. Theyā€™d stay unflagged until they decided to attack. The same was true vice versa.

Contested territory you were always PvP flagged under, and when moving from a contested territory back into your own factions territory, youā€™d remain flagged for 5 minutes.

When sharding from a PvP server to a PvE server, it inherited the same interactions ā€” it viewed you as going from enemy territory into your own faction territory.

I actually donā€™t mind that this was a thing though. The same still holds true today.

I was fine with all of those timers.

I just didnt understand why it stayed with phasing to a PVE realm etc. Or how you can be flagged when you come out of a BG sometimes. Theres no reason for it.

Exit a BG into Acherus and the Death Knight guards will attack you.

1 Like

Attack someone in the world and than use the legion dal hearthstone and the guards will let you have it also.

10 people wpvpā€™ing lags the entire server. no thx