Looking for Source: Tauren Called for Kaldorei Aid

Hey guys!

Just looking for a quick source. I have heard in a few places that the Tauren called on the Kaldorei for aid against the Centaur, but the Kaldorei didn’t answer. I usually just get my lore from the Wiki, and I can’t seem to find that referenced anywhere. Is it in Chronicles or something? What’s the source, and can I get a quote if possible?

Thanks!

All we know is that the Kaldorei did nothing while the Tauren were being massacred. But being the isolationist xenophobes the Night Elves were, I doubt that the Tauren really bothered trying to ask for their aid. Any attempt to enter the Kaldorei forests would have been met by a hail of arrows.

1 Like

Read the Title and I was absolutely sure for a sec it said “Tauren Called for Kool Aid.”

4 Likes

Yeah, I can’t find anything like this at all.

1 Like

They also did nothing when the Centaur were being massacred later when the Tauren joined the Horde and turned the tables. They probably didn’t view Tauren-Centaur relations as their problem, because it wasn’t.

1 Like

Imagine how awesome the tauren version of “Hey Koolaid!” would be?

There’s nothing official on Tauren-Night elf relations following the end of the War of the Ancients and the subsequent sundering and what not. It’s just very likely the two races lost content with one another as the Tauren found themselves competing with other races like the centaur, harpies, and quilboar and the night elves had their own adjustments with like making a new society and the War of the Satyr.

6 Likes

That and wthout people like Jarod Shadowsong who would make the effort to communicate with other races, the night elves simply retreated into their classic isolationist profile.

Yeah!

I heard it in this PlatinumWoW video:

And, I’ve heard it before - on the forums and in roleplay -, but every time I looked, I couldn’t find a source. So, hearing it in the video - especially given it has it’s own mini-scene -, I was like, “Oh, it’s gotta be real, and I’m just missing something.”

Then I checked again and still couldn’t find anything. So… Thanks for helping clarify! It seems to be head canon that has gained enough momentum to be mistaken as actual canon.

WoW also somewhat reduced the scope of the threat to the Kalimdor tauren with the addition of the other tribes. As it stands now, it comes across more like the Bloodhoof tauren were facing potential extinction by the centaur (which don’t get me wrong, would have still been a really bad thing), but the other tribes weren’t necessarily facing that same immediate situation, depending upon where each one was living. Especially since the centaur in the Barrens and Mulgore seemed as nomadic as the tauren themselves, meaning they weren’t some entrenched regional hegemony that was in a position to systematically isolate and attack the other tauren tribes while also harrying the Bloodhoof. They were more like a competing migratory society that had been gradually wearing down the Bloodhoof numbers as they moved from place-to-place along the same seasonal routes, fighting over the same localized resources.

1 Like

That’s like 80% of lore discourse and has been for years.

3 Likes