Looking for Some Help

I’ve read a bit of this pet battle forum and I would like to start off by saying you guys are amongst the nicest people on the forums and have helped a lot of people.

I have done a little pet battling here and there through the years but I just leveled up pets that I thought looked cool etc. I recently finished my quest to get the Minion of Mayhem title, but I can’t really tell what pets I am missing. The information is really hard to figure out especially concerning wild pets that I need to capture still.

I recognize this is a tall order but I would appreciate any advice of what pets or breeds I need to focus on more to fill out my roster. I recently went back on got a P/P Emperor Crab because I only had a H/H Emperor Crab.

Another question would be which pets are worth getting from the pet dungeons. Thanks in advance for any help I might receive!

Grats on your Minion of Mayhem title! :partying_face:

If you’re looking to find what pets you’re missing, importing your roster to https://www.warcraftpets.com/ , then going into the Manage portion of your pet collection, and ‘Print Checklist’ will show you different options to toggle, like Show Uncollected Pets, and it will tell you what they’re from.

I think there are options in Pet Tracker for wild pets, and of course Rematch has tons of filter options if you want to see in-game what pets you need, and from what source.

This is Xu-Fu’s Most Used Pets guide, and if you head down the to comments, Gráinne has also provided what breeds are most popular/best for the pets on the list.

Some of the breed stuff will largely depend on moves, and the pet’s base stats. Typically, if the pet has some kind of Dodge, total Blind, or bonus to being used first, like Flurry, you’ll want higher speed stats. Bunnies are a good example there. With Dodge, Flurry, and Burrow, you avoid a fair number of attacks while whittling away enemy hp.

As for what pets are worth getting from the dungeons, I’d say the pet I see used most is Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen from the Celestial Tournament. All the others are used for niche fights, like Tricorne for Shenk’s strat on Alran in BRD.

On that note, however, why not just get them all? :smile:

7 Likes

Get an anomalus of the AH while they are cheap. Its beginning to pop up in many strategies and is a good all rounder even with its low HP.

If you can get a cheap seaborn spore of the AH too, do it. Players are beginning to figure out that it’s OP versus single target legendary pets and therefore, turning up in many strategies now.

Luckily I have 2 Anomalus pets (level 4 and level 1 I believe). I’ll level that one next and check on the Seaborn. Good information and thanks!

Wild pets… In each family, (dragokin, critters,magic, ect.) there are different varieties that share the same move-set. For instance, in the critter family there are multiple fawn varieties, all with the same moves. The absolute strongest variety is the Gleamhoof Fawn. The fastest of this move-set is the Gazelle fawn. (i think) For every move-set, try to obtain the fastest and the strongest.
In each family, there is a fastest and a strongest wild pet. As a rule, these are the ones to get.

1 Like

If you’ve got the Minion of Mayhem title, you’ve got a pretty solid roster of pets :grinning:. One niche pet I do find useful with some the trainers, especially the ones that have the cyclone attack and then stack a hit/damage buff on it is Servant of Demidos it clears all that right off the field.

I can’t believe I forgot about it, but Simple Armory is also really nice for showing you what pets you have and where they come from:

Just keep in mind that Simple Armory breaks pets up into two categories:

• Companions – All non-wild pets

• Battle Pets – All wild pets