Looking for Oceanic Horde PVE Guild

My partner and I are seemly a rare breed and are looking for a Horde guild for Classic on a PVE server.

We are looking to raid semi-hardcore (we can’t dedicate as much time as we did back in vanilla so are looking for around 3 nights a week) and are looking for a guild with mature players. By mature we mean adults who, like us, have jobs and real life commitments (irreverence and bad language is fine).

We are looking to enjoy the game and recapture some of what we loved about vanilla… and experience some of the content that we may have missed along the way. We are not looking to rush for world-firsts but we want to raid and progress through all the content together as a guild… MC through to KT.

Our experience is varied…

Summary

- Me -

Playing: Resto Druid (herb/alch) and/or Holy Priest (tailor/ench)

Who I focus on depends on what’s needed and what I level as my main with my partner

I will likely alt a BM hunter for farming.

Experience: Progression raiding from launch to WotLK

In vanilla I was part of a hardcore raiding team (5+ nights) as a healer (Resto Druid) through to Twin Emps in AQ. (then I got married and quit playing until the launch of TBC so missed Naxx). In TBC I was part of a hardcore 25-man raid team. Had rerolled as a priest to heal but was asked to stay Shadow so played dps through to Illidan in BT and continued playing Shadow with some off-healing as necessary through Yogg in Ulduar in WotLK. Switched to Enh and more relaxed 10-man raiding and jumped back into Ulduar and Trial of Champions.

Took a break for a while, only playing casually in Cataclysm, skipping MoP, and coming back toward the end of WoD for Legion. Started raiding casually as a druid again in BfA.

Key points: Team player, willing to come prepared and help others. Lets be real… gear is important in vanilla but a good guild environment means more to me. Any loot distribution system is ok so long as it’s fair (my vanilla guild used loot council).

Goals: My original vanilla guild was one of the best homes I’ve found in the game in the 15 years of WoW so mainly looking for good times with a good group of people. Community, personality, a relaxed but focused atmosphere, and a sense of humour are important. Pretty open so long as this criteria applies. As stated above I want to raid everything and clear Naxx… but am in for the long haul and willing to take the time and enjoy getting there together.

- Him -

Playing: Resto/Ele Shaman or Resto/Balance Druid or Marks Hunter

Considering Resto/Elemental Shaman (either skinner/LW or Eng/miner - whatever my hunter doesn’t roll with) or Resto/Death-Chicken Druid (Herb/Alch). As a hunter, I first learned the difference in noob vs skilled player the first time I was designated puller in a MC pug in vanilla. After that, I got serious about my class, though have most other classes at 110+ in retail (RIP). So planning on playing a Hunter (either skinner/LW or Eng/miner) in some capacity but not sure if I’ll want to main one again though.

Will level one toon with my partner and one on my own, so will have a couple 60s to choose from, but can prioritize whichever one for the right guild.

Experience: Range of casual, semi-hardcore, and hardcore raiding from vanilla to WotLK

Raided with mostly PUGs toward the end of vanilla, and was in a semi-hardcore guild on a poor server during BC, and downed all content.

Burned out during Ulduar in a 10-man hard-mode guild, but the challenge and fun was no longer there for me. Beating bosses without the camaraderie just wasn’t satisfying. Played on and off since; mostly solo content, or raidfinder/random dungeons or BGs.

Key points: A NSFW personality, who’s good with a joke after yet another wipe on a raid boss.

Goals: Just looking for the RIGHT people to play with; who’ll enjoy the company of a middle aged smartass without content filters…

Yes, I want to clear content, but want to have fun doing it with a good group of folks. Preferably 30+ or at least mostly. Not interested in a guild with under 18’s. If I want to talk to kids, I’ll skype with mine. lol

I’d like to eventually clear Naxx. It was much harder at 70 than it was at 80, and I have a lot of wine to drink while we farm MC over and over again…

We are in NZ so are looking for early (ish) evening raid times.

Please reach out and let us know if you think you have the Classic home we are looking for.

1 Like

I’m looking for the same type of guild also

1 Like

Found 1 . Oceanic PVE server / PVE guild - Stoked
Its on the recruitment page

I think stoked is too hardcore(4 days raiding). I am also looking for OCE Horde PVE guild but given my current lifestyles with family bonding time etc, I believed 3 is the max I am comfortable with.

Looks like we might have to make our own.
I’m very keen for 2 nights, getting stuff done at a moderate pace.

This is also the type of guild id like to join, as long as we don’t mind classes as much

Not that many seem to be going Horde, probably easier just to wait for realms to start and find one there.

We have a few Horde PvE guilds recruiting on the OCE classic discord. discord.gg/3jX9s3H

Hope you find your home :slight_smile:

Stoked looks to be the place I’ll join, and I guess they are really the first PVE Horde guild that raids. I think that the idea of signing up, even as a casual, seems to be the way to go, as the server that gets stoked will likely be the main PVE server for Horde. People will join, leave, etc. etc. and maybe the guild might even crash - but since it’s the first, I’d follow to that server.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the discord but all I’ve seen is the same PvP guilds reposting. Will check again.

I double checked OCE Discord and there is one horde guild listed for a pve server, as previously mentioned, Stoked.

From what I have seen here and elsewhere there is a group of people looking for a semi-hardcore raiding guild on pve so it would be nice to see some recruitment posts.

Servers are getting announced after the last stress test so hopefully we’ll see some activity after that…

Good point. Would at least give some direction on where to roll (assuming we get more than one server anyway).

I have joined Stoked recently. great conversations on discord and looking forward to classic with them.

I wouldn’t be put off if you’re only wanting to raid 2 days but they plan to raid 3-4 nights. this will undoubtedly change as time goes on and peoples commitments change overtime. i myself will be surprised if i can make more than 2 nights a week raiding and this hasn’t been an issue with anyone.

Focus more about finding the right group of people to enjoy the game with and i’m sure your overall experience with classic will be great.

1 Like

Hey guys, i was having the same issues finding a guild so a few of us decided we would start one since there is a need for Horde PVE thats not crazy hardcore but still wants to progress.

2 Likes