Looking for LDB panel (display addon) that works

I have been using Bazooka for years but recently if I try to change any Bazooka settings it locks up WoW completely. I have to use task manager to kill WoW and restart the game. The game runs fine unless I try to do anything with the bazooka options, ie: I see the bazooka panel and it’s various plugins at the top of my screen and they work just fine. But I can’t configure them anymore (I need to hide a few and move a couple around).

A couple things I’ve tried;

1. Completely removed and reinstalled Bazooka (making sure I had the latest). This includes removing all the Bazooka related saved variables. Didn’t help.

2. Turning off all addons and re-enabling them a few at a time. Doing this I discovered that Bazooka runs fine until about 16(ish) LDB plugins are active then seems to slow down and lag a few seconds when changing settings. Going from 19 - 20 LDB plugins kills it. Goes back to having the same problem locking up WoW. Doesn’t seem to matter which LDB plugins are installed just the number.

edit: It also doesn’t matter whether the LDB plugin is enabled/disable in bazooka, so if I have 10 enabled and 10 disabled it locks up just the same as if I have 20 enabled.

So it seems to be related to how the plugins interact with the configuration screen. Maybe it iterates through all the plugins and gets stuck in an endless loop? I can see someone else has logged the same problem as an issue on Curseforge but there has been no response in months.

I also tried switching to ChocolateBar and it literally has the same problem. Runs fine until 15/16 plugins then gets slow, and with 20 addons changing ChocolateBar settings locks WoW.

Tried DockingStation but it’s not a good option for other reasons (mostly layout and scaling problems).

So, are there any good working display addons that can replace Bazooka? Alternatively does anyone know how the hell to get Bazooka to stop locking up WoW once it gets beyond 20 LDB plugins?

Sidenote: my PC isn’t a potato, it’s a Ryzen 2700x with 16GB RAM, a GTX1070 and it’s running WoW off a 1TB 970EVO nVME drive. Running Windows 10 Pro and using DX12 for the game. So it shouldn’t be a PC issue.

Weird I use Bazooka and haven’t had any issues with 25 LDBs.
https://i.imgur.com/z9jEQus.png

Could it be one of your LBDs that’s causing everything to choke?

That’s always a possibility. I tried different batches, but it’s possible that the dodgy one was in each batch, or that there are a couple causing problems. I’ll try some more testing, but I don’t think there’s anything unusual in my addons. They’re the pretty standard dbm, bartender, altoholic, etc.

Well it didn’t help changing the batches of addons. It still locks up :frowning:

Tried to include a screenshot of my LDB plugins but it won’t let me add an image :frowning: