Looking for Horde Lowbie-friendly Casual Guild

Do you know of a casual guild that is inclusive toward low-level characters, and is composed of nice people who can speak English (not swearsalot, childishrant, or various slang shortspeaks)? We’re especially interested in a guild willing to work with veteran MMORPGers who have no real experience in WoW.

If you know of, or have heard of, such a guild, please let me know. Even a pointer to a Wyrmrest Accord guilds listing would be helpful.

We’re a Tauran pair in our upper 30s who are new to WoW, but have 20 years experience playing MMORPGs.

There are some things that aren’t helpful. These things include:

• Suggestions about how to find a guild, but not giving names of any guilds.
  • Discussions about why guilds don’t exist of the type described above.
  • A recommendation that I sit in Orgrimmar listening to the trade chat until the right guild advertises. I find that is like hoping grass might grow in a weed patch!

My character in-game is Lohham, a Tauran monk. I’d attach that character’s name to this post, but the character-choice options for these Forums are currently broken.

Hello! Welcome to WoW!

It may help you to check out the WrA Information & Directories (Guilds | Communities | Events) thread. The listings don’t answer every factor you’ve mentioned here, but hopefully it’ll give you a starting point from which to contact people and ask for more info.

One caveat: I only see one guild currently listed in the thread that isn’t predominantly an RP guild, and you haven’t mentioned whether you’re planning to engage in RP. If not, this thread might not be as helpful for you, but just in case.

Good luck!

1 Like

I can’t speak highly enough of Revenants. We’re a pretty diverse group of mostly working adults who still try to keep a civil environment while we shenanigan our way across the Rorshach test that is Blizzard’s writing.

@Eledriss - Thanks for the link to the Horde Guild Directory. I had missed that post.

@Darkor - I’ll be keeping an eye out for Revenants. Is there a website or discord open to the public? If not, how frequently are recruiters in Orgrimmar, and during what time spans?

I would suggest /whoing the guild when you’re online, and ask to speak to a Warden. I’m just an overly enthusiastic non-officer. :wink:

Discord Name: The Farstrider Network
Theme/Focus: Blood Elf Farstrider RP and General Networking
Rules/Requirements:

• Not ran as a guild, nor do the admin or mods claim ownership to Farstrider RP. It is up to everyone to pull their own weight if they want to see certain activities/events. Basically, you get out of it what you put into it.

• We are open to all blood elf roleplayers, not just Farstriders (though we predominately cater to the Farstrider community.) We simply ask our members to be compliant with lore.

• There is currently no age restriction to join, so we ask for everyone to keep our server clean and simply respect one another.

• Void-Elf but consider yourself still a Quel’Thalas loyalist? Sorry, we are not accepting those characters types at this time nor other Alliance mains. We want your blood elf, please. ^^

• Those who are not Farstriders, we would love to connect with you to work together to help enrich the blood elf community we love so much. You are also encouraged to attend certain RP events and create your own! Because let’s face it, surely you will need the awesome abilities of a Farstrider to help you.

Owners/Mods: Asharri and Telirine are the primary points of contact.
Faction/Neutral: Horde
Invite Link: Currently, we are inviting others to contact via in-game mail to Asharri and/or Telirine. We also host a webpage where you will receive a Discord invite link after you fill out a very short application without having to wait for in-game contact.

The application is in place so we can place your character into their proper ranking per you telling us a little bit about them! It also serves as an idea as to who wants to see what out of the community!

Webpage - farstrider-network. shivtr. com

Info:

What is the Farstrider Network and what is its purpose?

The Farstrider Network is for fellow Farstrider roleplayers within Wyrmrest Accord to come together and have a place to discuss all things Farstriders and other matters regarding Quel’Thalas! It was created to help other Farstrider roleplayers connect with one another and find ample opportunity to write stories together, while helping to enrich the communities we love so much.

Please note: The Farstrider Network is NOT led by solely one person or a small select handful, nor is this any claim to leadership of the Farstrider community as a whole. It is a collaborative effort of all Farstrider roleplayers and their allies within the blood elf community. Why? Because we are a team.

So what does collaborative effort mean with the Farstrider Network?

As a collaborative effort, the Farstrider Network represents a community of roleplayers in the community who can come together and make something truly wonderful to be a part of.

Whether you are part of it to simply make a few connections, run and/or attend RP events, socialize OOC with other blood elf roleplayers primarily in the Farstrider community, etc., - the hope here is that everyone will find something that makes them feel at home and part of something.

We encourage anyone to create and schedule RP events. Whether it’s a social gathering, DM’d event, patrols, and more. The skies the limit. It is our hope that we can all come together and enjoy the company of our fellow roleplayer and make many wonderful memories that make a community worth coming back to time and again!

Typically not a rules-stickler on the forums, yet please be mindful of the date on forum posts. This thread is almost two years old (give or take nine months) with no post made in one year.

3 Likes

Also, I think the discord posting was meant to be in the Discord Directory thread and somehow they got here instead? Just a possibility.

1 Like