Looking for help with interrupting

So im doign decent to good dmg but my interrupt skills are lacking someone at the rogue discord said theres a macro to interrupt etc anyone got one of these? something to help me out please?

#showtooltip Kick
/cast [@mouseover,exists][@target] Kick

This will kick your current mouseover target if you have one, if not, it will kick your current target. After keybinding the macro, I would strongly recommend installing a nameplate addon like Plater or ElvUI.

THEN, I would start by practicing Kicking every single spellcast you can. Just use it as often as possible. As a melee DPS you won’t lower your damage, but you will greatly contribute to the success of your dungeons. There are some interrupts that are more important in the long run, but as a new DPS the best thing you can do is kick anything you possibly can.

i know im asking too much but is there one that changes my focus to the casting mob, even when theres multiple? my friend told me the one hew was using was /#showtooltip Kick [@focus,harm,nodead] Kick but said it maybe wont work.

World of Warcraft does not allow macros to automatically select targets and cast abilities for you. That is called cheating.

You could make it for ONE, specific mob name, but that is as close as it gets.

oh ok. thanks :smiley: i made one using the code you gave me for kidney shot and kick i also added a focus to the macro idk if thats good

Very nice! Good luck dude!

1 Like

Try plater. It’s not a macro like you asked for but there’s a nice add-on for your name plates which can help make your life easier, which allows you to see when you’re interrupt is on CD and if it’ll be off cool in time to interrupt the cast.