Looking for a new home

Hello everyone,

I am looking to move servers after playing for many (Maybe too many…) years on Wyrmrest Accord. Over time I have found the general population of that server growing more and more distasteful, where OOC drama/conflicts,drive for ERP and overblown megalomania has become more frequent than actual and fun Roleplay. Basically, I’ve come to loath the place and it’s atmosphere.

I know Sisters of Elune is a much smaller server, but I think a smaller population, a quiet server (I’ve had to disable all general and trade channels on all my chars on WRA because of how horrible it’s become.), may be what I need. I enjoy roleplay servers, it’s where I have always played and what i enjoy doing most of all in the game is making alts, leveling them up, outfitting them with a very nice transmog and writing short stories about them.

I play for fun, to kill time, like most people I think. So my question is, would this realm be the right one for me to move to? I appreciate any input you can give me.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello! If you’re looking for a smaller but still active and tight-knit server, it sounds like this might be the perfect place for you. :slight_smile: Sisters of Elune is also connected with another RP server, Cenarion Circle, and together we make a pretty awesome and inclusive community. I’ve RP’d here for six years and never once have I considered moving servers; it’s very comfortable and friendly here.

Some things to consider in terms of how it’s different from WRA are that the RP is mostly event based rather than guild or walk-up based. There is very little walk-up RP on CC/SoE (though I think if you find someone and whisper them, you’ll probably find they’re up for RP anyway), and a lot of us have an alt or two in most of the more active guilds on the server. Events are where the most stuff occurs, and most of them are actually manageable in terms of following a conversation if you have an add-on like Listener, since there aren’t 100 people spamming one event.

We’ve also got an active Discord and active and friendly OOC channels in-game, which can be used to get PVE/PVP groups together or shout out that you’re looking for RP :slight_smile:

If I were you I would probably start by either joining the Discord or going to an event. I think all the info for both of those things is in the pinned posts at the top of the forums!

I hope you find what you’re looking for. I know we’d be happy to have you!

1 Like

Thank you very much Ondolemar, this is all very valuable information. Just form what you’ve told me I think it might just be the kind of server I would like. Will definitely take a closer look as time permits.

1 Like

I will second everything that Ondolemar has said. CC/SOE is an awesome place. We are very much a medium-sized, tight-knit community. We may not have the quantity that WRA or MG have, but I would put our quality up against either of those servers any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).

While RP is mostly event-based, there are some recent efforts to increase the amount of open-world RP that happens. While these efforts have yet to fully bloom, they look very promising. Feel free to chuck any other questions at us here.

1 Like

To be honest I’d be more than happy to get away from the heavier populated servers. WRA has grown…“corrupt”? I guess, and MG is no better. I’ve just seen too many bothersome things to the point its left rp with a bitter taste in my mouth. I’ll take quality of rp over server population for sure. I just want to have fun again and play the game. Plus I think an event based system for rp brings more people together, I would assume.

Any add-ons I’ll be needed other than TRP-3 and that sort of thing?

1 Like

I can’t think of anything other than TRP - and Listener, if that makes it easier for you to follow roleplay (I know it helps me a LOT). :slight_smile: But there could be something I’m missing.

Allow me to join in welcoming you to the server! I also have way too many alts and would be delighted to join you in leveling or whatever.

There is rp on both sides, with a slight tendency to be more Alliance heavy in the way of events. But some of the events are cross faction, so you will need some Elixir of Tongues to be able to understand the opposite faction. They are a little bit spendy, but well worth it and we have people who will offer you some if you do not have any when you arrive at an event.

Please let us know when you have decided to make an alt and on which side. The realm discord is a good place to get to know people as well.

Thank you all for being so welcoming, honestly it’s quite refreshing. I’ll make sure to hop onto the discord after my work shift. Thank you as well for all the great info and awesome insight into your realm(s). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I just got to think what race I want to play. I’ll likely have characters on both factions, I am just not sure where to start. SO many choices! hahah

Although to be honest I might wait til pre-patch. the new customization and new starter experience are things that I am looking forward to and will likely inspire me.

I am thinking however either Orc or Troll on Horde side and Dwarf or Draenei on alliance side.

1 Like

Need more dwarves! Need more orcs! We have way too many humans and elves. she says with her main three characters a human and two elves >_> Draenei are close behind.

2 Likes

Heard you loud and clear!